Table of Contents
- The Popularity of Revolut Casinos
- The Pros and Cons of Revolut Casinos
- Revolut Payment Methods Comparison Table
- Withdrawals from a Revolut Casino
- Finding the Best Revolut Casinos
- Playing at Revolut Casinos in an Unregulated Market
- Staying Safe When Depositing at a Revolut Casino
The Popularity of Revolut Casinos
Revolut has come a long way since the payment service was launched in 2015. Garnering a reputation for excellence, Revolut has managed to amass millions of customers in the most advanced economies.
Revolut is ideal for use in the casino industry. Fans of slots, roulette, and blackjack have come to consider Revolut Casinos as convenient and secure facilities where casino action can be purchased instantly.
Revolut has revolutionised the payments industry. Its services are accepted in more than 130 countries. As a low-fee operator, Revolut basks in the glow of saving its army of fans millions in fee charges over its seven-year history.
The business model that Revolut has in place is somewhat unique at this time. With a mission to eliminate fees for online payments, Revolut has developed partnerships with Visa to issue a range of prepaid and credit cards.
However, the Revolut way has not achieved universal saturation.
As a form of credit card, Revolut lost its access to the U.K. market in April 2021. This move was no criticism of Revolut Casinos in isolation but resulted from legislative changes that banned all credit deposits.
The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) are leading authorities into the impact of betting on vulnerable individuals. The research they commissioned suggested that gambling on credit in all forms was potentially harmful to fans of games such as baccarat, craps, and poker.
However, this is not an issue for gambling fans in important markets, including Canada, New Zealand, and India, where credit payments still have many fans.
The Pros and Cons of Revolut Casinos
All payment options have their quirks. Some of these sit in the credit column, while a few count as debits in your overall consideration. We always like to be positive, so continuing in this vain, we’ll look at the pros first.
- Simple – applying for a Revolut card is easy. You can complete the process through your smartphone in minutes by providing a few important details. Once your ID has been verified, you will receive your payment card by post in three to ten working days. Because Revolut is linked to large credit providers, you will be issued a MasterCard or Visa version. Providing you with the chance to use Revolut’s services in over 200 countries.
- Secure – once you have completed ID verification, you can benefit from all of the security features that Revolut employs. If you want to do any business online, you must ensure that your communications are encrypted. You wouldn’t wave your card numbers around for all to see if you were buying groceries at a local store, so why should you accept your virtual details being on display? Revolut utilises 128-bit SSL technology to mask your transactions, keeping you clear from harm whenever you complete online payments. As Revolut customers are also issued with a physical card, this is another aspect that can be subject to security problems. To counter this, you can quickly lock your card if your plastic pal is lost or stolen. And reverse this state if your Revolut card shows up again.
- Free Withdrawals – it can sometimes be difficult to find financial services that join up across alternate channels. A payment method might perform well in the real world, but issues in completing online transactions may detract from the overall package. Alternatively, a slick online performance is often allied to an inefficient physical display. But, when you use Revolut, you can rely on a sparkling payment network and the opportunity to withdraw funds from millions of ATMs worldwide. Wherever you see the MasterCard or Visa logo.
- Low Cost – because Revolut operates solely online, the firm’s cost base is low. Because of this awareness, you can store your cash in a virtual account, make payments wherever MasterCard or Visa are accepted, and withdraw money from your local ATM, all at little or no cost.
- Transparency – if you make regular cross-border payments, you’ll be aware the exchange rate and associated fees can quickly eat into your capital. These issues never arrive if you buy in a foreign currency through Revolut. International transactions are completed on a fee-free basis and executed at an up-to-the-minute exchange rate.
- Immediate – the 21st Century has become the age of instant consumerism. You no longer need to wait for your money to arrive, even if it is transported from the other side of the world. The team at Revolut understands that time is money. With this being a guiding principle of the firm, whether you are depositing at your favourite Revolut Casino or claiming a well-deserved payout, your money will be transferred in a matter of seconds.
There is no light without a bit of darkness to make it stand out more. So it is entirely expected for Revolut Casinos also to have a few downsides.
- Unavailable in the United Kingdom – Revolut has been a payment option for casino fans in the U.K. since its launch. But this choice was removed in April 2021 following a consultation led by regulators at the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC). At this point, deposits made by credit card to casinos and sports betting sites were banned. As Revolut can be readily used in credit card format, this fledgling firm was one of many payment names to lose its accreditation within the U.K. iGaming sector.
- Bank Transfer Delays – you can fund your Revolut account using several alternative methods. Still, using the bank transfer option can take up to three days for this money to hit your app. If time is more of a constraint, a transfer via Skrill or Paypal will probably be advised.
- Limited Support – if you don’t understand the English language, you will struggle to get the support you might require when you need assistance. Revolut has begun to roll out alternative language services, but these are taking time to bed in, leaving non-English speakers experiencing a second-rate service.
- Delayed Revolut Card Delivery – one delay you will need to factor in if you are looking to play at a Revolut Casino is the time it takes to receive a physical card to assist you when using the service. It can take up to ten days to receive a Revolut card. This is too long if you don’t already have an alternative funding option in place.
- Limited Support
- Not Universal
- Bank Transfer Delays
Revolut Payment Methods Comparison Table
|Payment Method||Min Deposit (NZD)||Max Deposit (NZD)||Deposit Fees (NZD)||Withdrawal Fees (NZD)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||10||100000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
|Bitcoin||0.0001 BCH||0.5 BCH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ethereum||0.01 ETH||0.5 ETH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Litecoin||0.01 LTC||0.5 LTC||Free||Free||Instant|
|MasterCard (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ripple||5 XRP||500 XRP||Free||Free||Instant|
|Visa (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
Withdrawals from a Revolut Casino
Paysafe, Boku, and other pay-by-mobiles are all fine payment options. Still, they all offer the same key drawback. You can deposit via the headline method, but withdrawals are not supported. As a result, you must link multiple payment methods to your casino of choice. Not only is this a little more time-consuming, but it also increases your risk of fraud as you will need to converse with an additional payment network whenever you are fortunate enough to claim a win.
The team at Revolut are well aware of this situation, so they have ensured that the Revolut card is of equal value whether you wish to fund your account or get your hands on some of the house’s loot.
Making withdrawals via Revolut is easy. Follow four simple steps and see your account balance rise.
- Seek out the banking page at your Revolut Casino.
- Check on the “withdrawals” option.
- Select the Revolut option and key in your payout request.
- Confirm your requirements and wait.
The expectation is that your money should be sat in your Revolut application within six hours of a withdrawal request being actioned.
Finding the Best Revolut Casinos
Once you have found a site that treats you right, what factors should influence where you place your chips?
- Welcome Bonuses – the welcome bonus is likely to be the largest freebie you ever receive from a casino, so you need to make sure that you take advantage of a scheme that is right for you. Several variables go into creating the most competitive promotions. Size matters. You will likely be drawn to the welcome deals with the biggest headline rates, but this is not the only metric you should consider. The number of bonuses can often be of interest. Revolut Casinos offer one, two, three, or even four deposit bonuses for new players, with each scheme offering its unique mix of pros and cons. The wagering terms are also fundamental to your chances of cashing in on this deal. Suppose you narrow your search to reputable no-wagering and low-wagering platforms. You can limit these restrictions to no more than thirty-five times your stake, which provides the tantalising possibility of turning your bonus into real cash.
- Software – just as a sirloin is always likely to be more palatable than cheaper cuts, an online casino with top games from top software developers is always favoured. We’ve run the rule over dozens of tech firms, each with unique selling points. Still, a casino is not a casino without some input from Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, or Merkur, and we always rate these venues highly.
Playing at Revolut Casinos in an Unregulated Market
Most of the world’s casino fans indulge in their hobbies from a location based in an unregulated market.
An unregulated market is a country where legislators turn a blind eye to the online casino industry. Usually, this means that players can access Revolut Casinos, but they cannot draw on any legal protections when things go wrong.
You will find licensed establishments in this sector. Still, regulators commonly hail from Curacao, the Netherlands Antilles, or the Kahnawake Reservation, none of which has a great reputation for applying player protections in the face of dodgy industry practices.
Staying Safe When Depositing at a Revolut Casino
Revolut is a top payment method, and as such, it completes financial transactions with security uppermost in mind.
Still, you can never be 100% certain that criminal elements have not accessed your details in the hope that they can profit from your assets. To reduce this risk, it is always prudent to follow online safety best practices.
- Keep your passwords safe – passwords are required for almost all your online accounts. You must make them complex, unique, and fluid to keep them effective. You should never use one password for all your accounts and change your passwords every three months.
- Never pass on your account details – you will never be asked to provide your banking details by any official operative. You should immediately become suspicious if you receive an email or call asking you to provide these. Ring your bank for further guidance.
- Ensure that your browser security is up to date – firewalls effectively keep your online activities private. If your firewalls have lapsed, fraudsters could access your accounts without your knowledge, leaving your finances at risk.