Table of Contents
- The Popularity of Pay-By-Phone Casinos
- The Pros and Cons of Pay-By-Phone Casinos
- Pay By Phone Payment Methods Comparison Table
- Withdrawals from Pay-By-Phone Casinos
- Finding the Best Pay-By-Phone Casinos
- Pay-By-Phone Casinos in Unregulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing At Pay-By-Phone Casinos
The Popularity of Pay-By-Phone Casinos
If you don’t own a mobile phone, you are in an ever-dwindling minority which may mean that pay-by-phone casinos are not for you. True, only a generation ago, the prospect of trudging down to the call box at the end of the road was one that many contemplated daily. But fast forward to 2022, and over 90% of the world’s over 18s own a smartphone. Given this saturation level, it is unsurprising that pay-by-phone casinos are now a common sight on iGaming comparison pages.
You might not have heard of all of the leading players in this slice of the payments industry, but Boku, Payforit, and Zimpler, among many, are gaining a degree of popular recognition.
Thousands of the best real money casinos now accept payment by phone deposits as standard, with gold-standard legislators, including the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) and the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), giving this payment option the regulatory thumbs-up.
The Pros and Cons of Pay-By-Phone Casinos
In essence, payment methods are a less than entertaining topic to discuss. Still, in the case of Pay By Phone Casinos, they cover many of the needs that regular casino players need to resolve.
Any deposit you make at a pay by phone casino uses the same security framework that keeps your pay-monthly or pay-as-you-go mobile free from fraudulent activity.
If you are billed monthly for your phone data and calls, pay-by-phone credit costs are added for you to clear at the end of your billing period.
Now, I realise that some of you may be scratching your heads, as this is gambling on credit.
The UKGC banned credit card casino deposits in April 2020 in a move designed to stop gamblers from funding their casino accounts with money they were yet to earn. However, in the case of pay by phone, transaction caps are significantly reduced to minimise the chances of a player getting into financial difficulty when using this payment option.
Pay-by-phone options also maintain an air of flexibility.
As long as you are a customer of one of the major telephone network operators (EE, 02, Three, Virgin Mobile, or Vodafone), you can use your SIM as a de facto payment card, just like using a prepaid card.
If you have a SIM deal with one of these communications giants, you can add pay-by-mobile casino deposits to your balance.
Such efficiency is rarely found in any walk of life, so the fact that this technology is readily available for use by casino fans globally is a thought to dwell on.
But what other factors do you need to consider before jumping on the pay-by-phone casino juggernaut?
- Secure – 99.9% of all online payments are completed safely, your money going where you want it to, and your data is protected. Any issues that arise tend to come when you are required to sign up for multiple services and apps to top up your bankroll. This is never an issue if you seek out casino bonuses and cutting-edge software at a pay-by-phone casino. Your mobile network requires you to provide your ID whenever you take out a new pay monthly or SIM-only deal, but once you become a verified client, any future payments you wish to complete are attached to your monthly bill. You are never asked to provide your bank or card details to a third party, so there is little opportunity for you to be defrauded in any way.
- Convenient – whether you hold a pay monthly or a SIM-only phone contract, you can send money to your favourite casinos in a matter of seconds. Not only this but there is no need for you to get togged up to seek out a local shop where you can purchase a payment PIN, as you might need to do when using Paysafe or Flexepin. Leaving you more time to take advantage of the many bonuses that pay-by-phone casinos continue to support.
- Low Cost – in a cost of living crisis, you don’t want to be shelling out for unnecessary fees, and using any of the top pay-by-phone brands can help you in this quest. Most options can be fee-free, allowing you to have a few extra spins on the latest slots and table game releases.
- Great for Budgeting – if you struggle to keep a grip on your casino spending, it might be worth considering a pay-by-mobile casino. Daily transaction limits are capped at small sums, ensuring you have a much better chance of pegging your costs to your income. One of the key reasons the UKGC banned credit card casino deposits was that unlucky players could wrap up huge monthly losses without the funds available to cover these. This situation is unlikely to arise whenever you make payments via Boku, Zimpler, or other market leaders.
Unfortunately, life’s not always a box of chocolates, so before you dive in and sign up for one of the pay-by-phone casinos that appear on our recommended lists, you should always consider the cons.
- Low Limits – you can consider yourself equally cursed and blessed where pay-by-phone transaction limits are concerned. In general, you can never deposit more than £30/€30/NZ$50/CAD$50/500 INR through your mobile, and this can be viewed as a great budgeting tool or a major restriction. With such low caps, pay by mobile will not be a payment option that suits all, but it is a great alternative for the occasional casino fan.
- No Withdrawal Option – one of the biggest issues with several leading payment methods is that deposits are readily couriered from your account to your casino, but withdrawal requests are not supported. It makes sense for this to be the case at pay-by-phone casino sites, as effectively, your mobile provider lends you your bankroll. But it is a disappointment just the same. E-wallet options like Paypal and Skrill will always be viable alternatives in this situation.
- Great for Budgeting
- Low Limits
- No Withdrawal Option
Pay By Phone Payment Methods Comparison Table
|Payment Method||Min Deposit (NZD)||Max Deposit (NZD)||Deposit Fees (NZD)||Withdrawal Fees (NZD)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||10||100000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
|Bitcoin||0.0001 BCH||0.5 BCH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ethereum||0.01 ETH||0.5 ETH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Litecoin||0.01 LTC||0.5 LTC||Free||Free||Instant|
|MasterCard (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ripple||5 XRP||500 XRP||Free||Free||Instant|
|Visa (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
Withdrawals from Pay-By-Phone Casinos
We all have an Achilles heel. For pay-by-phone casinos, a reduced selection of available methods for payouts is one of them. This should not be seen as a dealbreaker, as popular payout options, including e-wallets and debit cards, are always possibilities.
Finding the Best Pay-By-Phone Casinos
Once you have found a casino that respects your right to win and keeps your details under wraps, there are several ways in which you can sort the proverbial wheat from the chaff.
- Welcome Bonuses – the welcome bonus is one of the few ways for long-suffering casino fanatics to get one over on the house. Hundreds of pay-by-phone casinos happily compete for your money, and one of the most effective means of garnering attention is to give away bonus credit. Welcome bonuses offer new players the chance to walk away with significant sums as long as they are prepared to deposit the required amounts and meet wagering terms. Top-paying casinos ask that you wager bonuses up to thirty-five times to convert these rewards into withdrawable cash. Our list of no-wagering and low-wagering casinos will give you a good idea about the websites where the most profitable bonuses are offered.
- Software – if you are putting your money at risk every time you set foot in your favourite pay-by-phone casinos, you want to be entertained. One way to ensure this is by playing at platforms where the best slots and table games are in situ. Defining the best gambling games is a subjective nightmare. But top titles tend to come complete with innovative features, a clear layout, sharp graphics, and a killer soundtrack. Dozens of software firms are renowned for consistently developing highly playable gambling products, with Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Microgaming, and Yggdrasil being worthy of mention.
- VIP Rewards – most gamblers are also realists. It is a fact of life that the house will win in the end. But is there any reason you cannot have fun on the journey? The fun will present itself regularly if you find the right VIP rewards scheme. Whether this comes in the form of a prize draw for a supercar, yacht or sunshine break or just superior customer service offered to well-regarded clients, VIP promotions add a little sparkle to life. At casinos.win, we love picking up regular perks, so we always look for a pay-by-phone casino where deals are open to all and free spins, cashback, and bonus credit make regular appearances.
Pay-By-Phone Casinos in Unregulated Markets
There are many reasons why a national government may be unwilling to associate itself with the iGaming industry. In these instances, it is often casino fans that are shabbily treated.
Cultural and religious preferences often mean that any form of gambling is viewed dimly, with these value-based judgements directly impacting how online casinos are regulated.
Suppose you live in a country where religion impacts the state’s politics. In that case, you are unlikely to be able to access any legal assistance if you go on to dabble with slots and table content at the pay-by-phone casinos you can access.
With this in mind, you should always play at casinos with a long history of service and widely regarded by peers.
Staying Safe When Depositing At Pay-By-Phone Casinos
If you choose to deposit at a pay-by-phone casino, you are choosing to transfer funds via one of the most secure virtual routes available. By adding payments to your monthly mobile bill or reducing your pay-as-you-go balance, you are effectively using the security infrastructure of some of the world’s most secure businesses (EE, O2, Three, Virgin Mobile, or Vodafone) to pass on your assets.
However, you can never be 100% assured that criminal elements will not target your accounts at some point in the hope of generating financial gain. You should always follow a few basic rules to protect yourself whenever you visit the web.
- Keep your account number secure – never pass on sensitive details to others.
- Create robust passwords – don’t allow fraudsters to access your financial accounts using repeat phrases.
- Maintain a firewall – regularly check your online security to prevent others from accessing your information…