Table of Contents
- The Popularity of Bank Transfer Casinos
- Pros and Cons of Bank Transfer Casinos
- Bank Transfer Payment Methods Comparison Table
- Making Withdrawals at a Bank Transfer Casino
- Finding the Best Bank Transfer Casinos
- Bank Transfer Casinos in Unregulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing to a Bank Transfer Casino
The Popularity of Bank Transfer Casinos
Bank transfers have been a prominent option in the payment methods sector ever since they gained popularity in the 1870s. As its name infers, bank transfers allow money to be shifted from one bank account to another. Nearly every bank provides this service, and nearly every online casino is happy to receive cash via this method.
Banks have been the cornerstones of the international financial community for millennia, so it is not unexpected that consumers in more modern times still trust these venerable institutions to complete their business transactions. Wire Transfers first began to make their mark in the late 19th century. This name caught on as a description of the movement of money over large distances due to telegraph messages.
Nowadays, the players at Bank Transfer Casinos do not need to rely on outdated communication methods to get money from their bank accounts into the palms of their favourite casino owners. However, the concept is still essentially the same.
- You provide your banking provider with the bank details of the intended recipient.
- You advise your bank on the amount of money you wish to be transferred.
- You confirm this request.
Nearly all transactions are now completed through the SWIFT banking network. The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) network has regulated global bank transfers over the past half-century so that users can have a high degree of confidence that their financial desires will be carried out securely and efficiently every time.
Along with card payment giants VISA and MasterCard, Bank Transfers are one of the truly global payment options casino fans have available to them whenever they deposit slots, blackjack, or roulette play. Its universality is absolutely one of the plus points of Bank Transfer Casinos. Still, there are several characteristics regarding this payment method that you should consider before pencilling it in as your long-term deposit choice.
Pros and Cons of Bank Transfer Casinos
Regarding payment methods, a few issues are entirely cut and dried. Bank Transfer Casinos have a wealth of history behind them, but this is only one aspect that casino aficionados should consider when choosing a funding method that fits their requirements.
- Protected – whenever you complete a virtual payment by any method, there is often the nagging thought that your money or your details are somehow under threat from nefarious forces. You will never be able to eliminate the risk of being the victim of fraud of some type, but using a bank transfer to deposit to your favourite casino will minimise this potential problem to a minimum. Multiple layers of security protect any payment to your Bank Transfer Casino. This includes biometric entry to your banking app, two-stage password access, and a banking guarantee. The banking guarantee protects against loss from any fraudulent activity or error made by an operative on your account, giving you an added safety net in the defence against criminal activity.
- Universal – no matter where you are in the world, there is every chance you can complete a bank transfer. Some countries have a dubious record when it comes to e-commerce. But even in these relative backwaters, deposits to your favourite bank transfer casino should be completed safely, as bank transfers everywhere are conducted within international banking rules. The widespread nature of this payment method makes it an ideal option for casino fans in unregulated markets.
- Bonus Qualification – to qualify for any of the bonus schemes your favourite bank transfer casino advertises, you must pass all Know Your Customer (KYC) rules. To do this, you need to provide your casino provider with a photo ID and also details of how you will fund your play. For this to happen, players must provide details about their banking arrangements. For many, this is no problem at all. However, e-wallet users fall foul of these rules as electronic payment providers act as a firewall between your bank and your casino, preventing the house from confirming your funding arrangements. With a bank transfer, there are no such issues. Your casino has access to your banking information as part of the wire transfer process, so they can quickly confirm that you meet KYC criteria and are eligible to receive bonus offers.
It would be great if everything were plain sailing regarding using bank transfers as your preferred funding option at your favourite bank transfer casinos. But there are the inevitable downsides to take into account.
- Slow Processing – deposits through e-wallets may not gain access to certain bonus deals, but they get your money from a to b in double-quick time. Unfortunately, the bank transfer process is not as dynamic. The pedestrian nature of this payment method means deposits to your preferred bank transfer casino might take three days to clear, and withdrawals may take just as long to hit your account.
- Potential Fees – although most bank transfer casinos advertise wire transfer withdrawals as a fee-free option, there may be costs added to this process by your banking provider. Usually, this will be a nominal sum. But any fees added as part of your playing journey take some profit off your top line. Something which is never appreciated when the house makes it difficult to turn a profit in the first instance.
- Little Anonymity – many casino fans like to keep their gambling to themselves, but this is not an easy feat when you are using a bank transfer method to fund your baccarat and craps play. As bank transfers require communication between your bank and your casino, any transfer between the two will be detailed on your bank statement. If this is an unacceptable state of affairs, e-wallet alternatives might be more suitable.
Bank Transfer Payment Methods Comparison Table
|Payment Method||Min Deposit (NZD)||Max Deposit (NZD)||Deposit Fees (NZD)||Withdrawal Fees (NZD)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||10||100000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
|Bitcoin||0.0001 BCH||0.5 BCH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ethereum||0.01 ETH||0.5 ETH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Litecoin||0.01 LTC||0.5 LTC||Free||Free||Instant|
|MasterCard (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ripple||5 XRP||500 XRP||Free||Free||Instant|
|Visa (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
Making Withdrawals at a Bank Transfer Casino
Most slot and table game fanatics I have come across in my two decades of working in and around the gambling industry like an easy life. Almost certainly, this means that fans of games from Pragmatic Play and Microgaming will prefer to link just one payment option to their casino account than two.
Bank transfer users need to make no such adjustments, as deposits and withdrawals are readily available when using this historic payment type.
The withdrawal process takes just seconds to complete and sees your money transferred under the protection of encrypted information flows. Three quick tasks need to be completed to get your money moving.
- Access the ‘cashier’ section of your online casino.
- Choose the bank transfer option and make your withdrawal request.
- Confirm your banking details and verify the payout.
Once you have gone through all of these steps, your cash should be available to withdraw from your bank within three to five working days.
Finding the Best Bank Transfer Casinos
At Casinos.win, we clearly see that casino play at bank transfer casinos is ultimately more enjoyable.
Once you have secured access to a safe and fair site, you can concern yourself with the fundamentals that make a casino worth playing. Welcome bonuses, software, VIP schemes, and responsible play guidance all help make a site worthy of your attention.
- Welcome Bonuses – welcome bonuses can be the gift that keeps on giving. All of the top deals are based on your first set of deposits that you forward to your favourite bank transfer casinos. These promotions allow to build up a succession of bonus cash (often accompanied by free spins) that can readily be converted to real money with a bit of savvy play. As with everything in the iGaming world, details must be carefully examined. Three main variables determine the validity of any welcome deal, the headline rate, the wagering terms, and game contribution rates. Headline rates are generally easy to discern. Bank transfer casinos will advertise that a bonus of up to a ceiling figure can be achieved when you deposit a pre-requisite sum. Bonuses tend to build as a matched figure. Casinos often double your deposit, with half being withdrawable cash and half being a bonus sum that must be wagered before a payout can be claimed. The wagering terms are all important. At Casinos.win, we get excited when a big bonus is available at a no-wagering or a low-wagering casino. In reality, this means that you will only be required to wager your bonus thirty-five times to turn your bonus into accessible cash. However, there is one further aspect that you need to consider. Every casino applies a slightly different contribution rate to different games. Bets on slot games might contribute 100% in value terms towards overall wagering needs but thus might fall to 10% for some table game wagers. As ever, we keep a close eye on these details so that you are fully informed.
- Software – we always prefer to play at bank transfer casinos hosting the best slots and table game options. For us, this means that a site must support technology from the likes of Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, and Yggdrasil.
- VIP Schemes – VIP schemes are one of the few weapons casino players have to gain an edge over the house, so it is always worth noting what is offered by leading bank transfer casinos. The best VIP programs are open to all players and are delivered in a stratified manner. New players tend to pick up smaller bonuses, but as you deposit and wager more, you move up the pyramid to where the big bucks can be claimed. Among the benefits high-valued customers can expect are free spins, cashback, bespoke bonus sums, gifts, and invites to corporate shindigs. As casino operators tend to cream off around 5% of the stakes you place, a VIP scheme provides an enjoyable respite. A situation that can turn a good casino into an excellent one.
- Responsible Play Guidance – we all know that there is only one winner whenever we choose to take the house on. But this fact of life doesn’t stop some from gambling more than they should. The best bank transfer casinos have enough of a social conscience to realise that gambling addiction is bad for the customer and bad for a brand if few protections are not in place to prevent such situations. This is why we always look for casinos that allow you to use player limits and signposts for charitable organisations that can be of use. Tools such as deposit limits, session limits, and loss limits should always be available, as well as information on time-out and self-exclusion functions.
Bank Transfer Casinos in Unregulated Markets
Finding the right bank transfer casino in an unregulated market is a little more dangerous. When you play at an online casino in one of these jurisdictions, you have no legal recourse if you have a complaint against your provider. With this in mind, you should always be looking to play slot and table games at an online casino with a long history of providing customer care and is well-regarded within the iGaming industry.
Brands in this niche may well come with a licence from Curacao, the Netherlands Antilles, or the Kahnawake Reservation in Canada. Still, these legislatures take a liberal approach to enforcing gambling rules on bank transfer casinos, so the market sentiment is perhaps more valuable when assessing the field in these regions.
Staying Safe When Depositing to a Bank Transfer Casino
Bank transfers have been consistently proven to be a safe and effective payment method for over 150 years, but this doesn’t mean that security threats have been reduced to zero. To minimise your chances of getting conned when you complete transactions with a Bank transfer, you should take note of the following advice.
- Never give your account details to anyone. Operatives from your bank will never ask you for these details, and you should be suspicious if this happens.
- Never confirm a payment that you have not requested. It is very difficult to stop a Bank transfer once the wheels have been set in motion. Verifying a fraudulent or erroneous payment could leave you out of pocket.
- Never open unsolicited attachments. Always be wary of emails that are addressed as being from your bank. Unless you are confident that a message is genuine, you should not open attachments or give up any personal details.