Table of Contents
- The Popularity of Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
- Pros and Cons of Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
- Credit Cards Payment Method Comparison Table
- Making Withdrawals at Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
- Finding the Best Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
- Playing at Casinos Accepting Credit Cards in Unregulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing at Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
The Popularity of Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
Payment methods have evolved, with casinos accepting credit cards being an example. The barter system, seashells, and exotic spices have all acted as acceptable sources of funds in various locations in previous centuries, so it is not conceptually difficult to accept that you can now pay for everything using a plastic card. But in the 21st Century, credit cards and their debit counterparts are taking over the world, and it is easy to locate casinos accepting credit cards.
Unsurprisingly, credit card multinationals have taken over the world for a payment method that is so useful and usable. You can now use MasterCard, American Express and Visa cards in over two hundred countries, with payment being accepted at millions of outlets and virtual sites.
Credit Cards are an obvious choice for any financial transaction online. Credit card firms are experienced in transferring money from a to b. This reliability is one selling point, as is the legal protection you are afforded every time you use a credit card to complete a payment on the internet. As credit providers technically advance the cash to pay for your desired goods and services, they have an interest in your purchases until your balance has been cleared. This relationship means that you can often request a refund from credit firms in instances of fraud or damage.
As a payment type for casino fans, credit cards are one of a range of options, but they are still well used. Estimates from the U.K. banking sector suggest that around 1 in 30 online gambling transactions are made at casinos accepting credit cards. Given this significant slice of the market, the ins and outs of credit card casinos are worthy of further investigation.
Playing slots, baccarat, blackjack, and roulette at casinos accepting credit cards raises some intriguing questions. The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) is one organisation that takes a dim view of gambling on credit, and indeed, banned this option at U.K.-based online casinos in April 2020. The reason for this stance is laid squarely at findings from research that it commissioned in 2017, which suggested that a sizable number of problem gamblers do their betting at casinos accepting credit cards.
The explanation for this trend is a simple one. Many gamblers choose to deposit at their online casino using a credit card as it allows them to bet on craps and poker variants using cash they have yet to earn. If these players fail to claim a win or are not financially prudent, this could create problems when credit bills land.
Budgeting issues can certainly be considered as being one of the downsides that you should consider whenever you think of playing at one of the many casinos accepting credit cards, but this is only one of several pros and cons that you should think about.
Pros and Cons of Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
At Casinos.win, we have one big recommendation, whenever you find a quality casino, stick with them. But even when you do find casinos accepting credit cards with great bonuses, quality services, and top payouts, you’ll still be able to find grumbles about one aspect or another.
The same can be said for casinos accepting credit cards. These entities have several great features but also one or two things that might put you off.
Let’s look at the pros of casinos that accept American Express, MasterCard, and Visa deposits.
- Flexible – the main selling point of any credit product is that you can pay for goods and services in advance. This is great when you are planning long-term home improvements, buying a car, or booking a sunshine break, and it is even an option available to casino players. If you come across casinos accepting credit cards, you can play today even if your bank balance has fallen to zero. Obviously, you will need to pass finance checks to make this dream a reality. But once this hurdle has been jumped, top credit agents will advance tidy sums to aid your consumption requirements. You can use this cash to play your favourite table games and pay for this at a later date. Ideal if you are confident of clearing these monthly bills, but a potential hazard for anyone less skilled at budgeting.
- Instant – the internet is geared up for instant gratification. Broadband speeds in many regions are sizzling, and 5G connectivity allows you to access apps and websites in real-time. With these time-saving services on your side, you do not want to be waiting for days to see your casino deposits land. You will not be delayed if you find a batch of casinos accepting credit cards. Leading finance firms such as AMEX, MasterCard, and Visa, instantly deliver funds to your online casino of choice, leaving you with the decision of how best to invest this sum.
- Bonuses – casinos only exist because they have a guaranteed cash flow. Operators design all of the slots and table games they promote to pay slightly less than they take in stake money. Return to Player (RTP) rates average out at around 95%. This means that for every £1, $1, or 1 INR you wager, you will only win £0.95, $0.95, or 0.95 INR overall. Therefore, access to bonus schemes is essential to allow casino players to keep pace with the house. Casinos accepting credit cards are committed to Know Your Customer (KYC) rules like all operators. As part of this process, casinos need to understand how you fund your account to minimise crimes like money laundering. If you choose to make deposits via e-wallets, this information is somewhat obscured, leading many casinos to disqualify these transactions from bonus opportunities. There is no such problem when you use a credit card. Your casino brand can view your card details and can confirm the origin of these money movements, allowing access to many advertised bonuses.
Nothing in life is perfect, so the downsides of playing at casinos accepting credit cards also need to be considered before you make a concrete decision on your payment method.
- Security Problems – if you choose to make a deposit using a credit card, your details are passed on to your casino owners. In most cases, this is not an issue. All deposits are encrypted using SSL-based technology, meaning third parties cannot witness your online dealings. However, your card information is only as secure as the cyber protections that your casino uses. There have been cases where hackers can access casino customer data, which puts you at financial risk. Fortunately, these cases are few and far between, and your card provider covers any losses that are incurred in this way.
- Withdrawal Issues – if you use a credit card to send funds to your favourite casino, you may still need to add an alternative method to claim payouts. Some casinos, especially those licensed by authorities in Curacao, are happy to return payouts to your credit card as a refund, but this is not a universal stance. If your casino is affiliated with the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), you will need to attach a debit card or your bank details to be able to claim hard-earned withdrawals.
- Country Restrictions – credit cards can only be used to fund casino play in several countries. Since April 2020, the UKGC has banned such transfers at online casinos in the United Kingdom due to the risks that this poses for problem gamblers.
- Bonus Access
- Security Problems
- Withdrawal Issues
- Country Restrictions
Credit Cards Payment Method Comparison Table
|Payment Method||Min Deposit (NZD)||Max Deposit (NZD)||Deposit Fees (NZD)||Withdrawal Fees (NZD)||Deposit Speed|
|Credit Cards||5||50000||Free||Free||2 – 5 Days|
|Bank Transfer||10||100000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
|Bitcoin||0.0001 BCH||0.5 BCH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ethereum||0.01 ETH||0.5 ETH||Free||Free||Instant|
|Litecoin||0.01 LTC||0.5 LTC||Free||Free||Instant|
|MasterCard (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
|Ripple||5 XRP||500 XRP||Free||Free||Instant|
|Visa (Debit & Credit)||5||50000||Free||Free||Instant|
Making Withdrawals at Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
Credit card companies are in the business of providing their customers with short-term loans that are paid off at a later date for an interest charge. Therefore, if you wish to claim a payout via this method, you are effectively claiming a refund from your credit provider.
You can do this at some casino sites by following a few essential steps.
- Find the banking screen at any of the casinos accepting credit cards.
- Select the payout option for your credit card provider.
- Type in your payout request.
- Confirm your transfer and relax.
You should see this money within five days if you claim a payout by credit card. But remember that this option is only open at Curacao casinos, so you may have to link alternative payment methods to your casino account for these purposes.
Finding the Best Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
Once you have found a safe casino that treats you fairly, you can consider the aspects of a gambling site that adds a little sparkle. Welcome bonuses, top software and VIP rewards schemes all enhance the playability of any platform and are near the top of our list when we evaluate the value of an online casino.
- Welcome Bonuses – only micro details tend to separate many top casinos accepting credit cards from one another, and the welcome bonus is one of these differentiators. Top deals tend to come from a four-part scheme for new players. Bonus cash and free spins are often awarded concerning player transfer’s first four deposits. Of course, size matters. The most rewarding promotions tend to be those with bigger headline rates. But, the terms and conditions can be equally as important. We always suggest that you should look to play at a no-wagering or a low-wagering casino site, where you can convert your bonus into real cash by wagering it no more than thirty-five times. Although, these rules can still be misleading. Each slot and table game comes with its contribution rate. Usually, 100% of your bets on slots count towards wagering targets. However, this can fall to 10% for selected roulette, blackjack, and baccarat variants.
- Top Software – when you put your money at risk, you want to be entertained in the process. For this reason alone, we always look for casinos accepting credit cards that are aligned with the top software houses. Our favourites include Aristocrat, Big Time Gaming, Gameburger, and IGT. However, suppose you desire access to all top-level games across the iGaming industry, you will also want to see Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play, and Yggdrasil on the contents list. A range is available at most of the casinos on our recommended list.
- VIP rewards – VIP rewards schemes come with little splashes of colour that make life worth living. You will hear a lot about how the house always wins. But a good loyalty scheme can provide you with a fair bit of consolation in light of this age-old truth. We always consider casinos accepting credit cards with regular cashback, free spins, birthday rewards, and VIP services as standard.
Playing at Casinos Accepting Credit Cards in Unregulated Markets
If you live in a jurisdiction where iGaming is yet to be regulated, you must take a bit more time to select your next casino.
You should still be able to play at licensed sites, but many of these will be verified by bodies from Curacao, the Netherlands Antilles, or the Kahnawake Reservation in Canada. None of these organisations is considered effective in holding poorly performing casinos to account.
Because of this lack of a legal safety net, the casinos you play at should be chosen based on alternative metrics. You should seek out casinos with a long business record with a good reputation among peers.
Staying Safe When Depositing at Casinos Accepting Credit Cards
Credit cards are a safe way to transfer funds from your provider to your vendors. But the internet is a little like the Wild West. If you don’t protect yourself, you could be ambushed anytime.
To minimise the chances of details ever being cloned, take note of a few important pieces of advice.
- Check that your site is genuine – fake casino sites have been known to spring up from time to time and aim to steal your details. This is why playing at established sites is always recommended.
- Choose unique passwords – passwords are important in preventing online fraud. Make these difficult for fraudsters to guess.
- Keep your firewall up to date – if you let your security tools lapse, your details could be endangered. Always make sure that you have a working firewall when making online purchases.