Table of Contents
- How We Choose the Best NZ Live Blackjack Casinos
- About Live Blackjack – How Live Dealer Blackjack Casinos Work
- Why Play Live Dealer Blackjack Online
- Playing Live Blackjack for Beginners
- How to Play Live Dealer Blackjack at the Live Casino
- Top 7 Live Blackjack Software Providers
- Overview of the Best Live Blackjack Games in NZ 2023
- Are There Any Drawbacks of Live Dealer Blackjack?
- Tips for Playing Live Blackjack Online
- Blackjack Live Dealer Casinos FAQ
How We Choose the Best NZ Live Blackjack Casinos
As mentioned earlier, there are many blackjack live dealer casinos on the market. But as with every one of our recommendations here at casinos.win, it’s all about finding the best out of the lot. Here’s how we go about bringing you the best NZ live blackjack casinos:
- Security and safety – The best live blackjack casinos must have safety and security measures in place to protect your information. We always make sure to recommend only licensed operators, as licensing is the first guarantee of security.
- User interface – The point of live dealer blackjack is to be realistic and immersive, so we check the quality of the user interface, the quality of the HD streams, how games are presented and how easy it is to bet on the site.
- Variety of live blackjack games – Dozens of live dealer blackjack games are already available, and the best sites should offer various options.
- Live blackjack bonuses – Some online bonuses may not apply to live casino games like live blackjack, so we check that the live blackjack games are eligible for bonus claiming. Better still if there are dedicated live blackjack bonuses available.
- Quality payment methods – Since live blackjack casinos are only available for real money, we pay close attention to the payment methods provided. There should be multiple, reliable solutions for deposits and withdrawals.
About Live Blackjack – How Live Dealer Blackjack Casinos Work
It’s been proven time and again that the gambling industry is a technological hub, from being one of the early innovators of mobile gaming to the adoption of Bitcoin casinos. Live dealer blackjack gaming is possible thanks to sophisticated streaming technology, which allows these games to be broadcast from live casino lobbies or dedicated casino studios.
Multiple cameras in the studio get shots of the gameplay from different angles. And thanks to OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology, the video stream is transformed into real-time data players can view from their gaming devices. Each live blackjack table also has a Gaming Control Unit (GCU) fitted with scanners or sensors that encode the data for each playing card dealt, in order to present the digital format on your screen. And the user interface comes with controls for betting and wagers. Let’s not forget the live dealers who are absolute professionals at handling the table. They add the touch of authenticity that makes live blackjack games so popular.
Live blackjack follows the standard game rules where the goal is to get a hand total closer to 21 than the dealer without going over. Other rules for how to play blackjack, including hitting, standing, splitting, and doubling down, also apply here. There are many live blackjack games with slight rule variations, as we’ll explain later on in this guide, but the fundamentals of the game are the same.
Why Play Live Dealer Blackjack Online
Suppose you’re new to the idea of NZ live casinos and are wondering why you should swap your next online blackjack session or reconsider your next trip to a brick-and-mortar casino for a visit to the live blackjack section. Here are some reasons why many Kiwis are choosing to play live blackjack online:
First and foremost, the beauty of playing live dealer blackjack online is all about convenience. Forget about getting all dressed up and driving for miles to reach the nearest casino. You don’t even need to worry about the casino’s operating hours. Online platforms are ready to deal with you 24/7, allowing you to join a game whenever you fancy, whether it’s an early-morning hand or a late-night session.
Live dealer blackjack offers an incredibly authentic and immersive experience despite being played on a screen. With high-definition video streaming, you’ll be transported into a virtual casino environment that mirrors the ambience of a physical casino. As the cards are dealt, you can almost feel the green felt of the blackjack table and hear the faint whisper of cards being shuffled. It’s like having a mini Las Vegas right in your living room. And the best part? No crowds to contend with.
A common concern among players is the fairness of online games. However, with live dealer blackjack, this is never an issue. That’s because you can see every action as it happens in real-time, right before your eyes. There are no algorithms or pre-programmed outcomes; the dealers shuffle and deal the cards live on camera. This transparency offers a sense of security and trust that’s hard to find in conventional online blackjack games.
Among the standout features of live dealer blackjack is the real-time interaction it provides. Typically, the dealer welcomes you to the table when you join in, and they communicate verbally throughout the game. On the other hand, the live chat feature lets you communicate directly with the dealer and sometimes even with other players. Whether you’re exchanging pleasantries, discussing strategies, or just enjoying some friendly banter, these real interactions make the game even more enjoyable.
Playing Live Blackjack for Beginners
Live blackjack isn’t difficult to play if you’re new to the game. On the contrary, among the advantages of playing live dealer blackjack online is that it’s great for beginners. Many new players tend to feel nervous about diving in at a physical casino, so live dealer blackjack offers a less intimidating environment to learn the ropes. You can take your time to understand the game’s rules, watch others play, and even use blackjack strategy charts during play without anyone noticing.
Compared to software-based online blackjack, live blackjack allows you the chance to learn from other players rather than face off in a one man battle against the dealer. You can take advantage of the Bet Behind option, which lets you bet on another player’s hand while awaiting a seat at the table.
How to Play Live Dealer Blackjack at the Live Casino
Kicking off your live dealer blackjack experience starts with finding the best real-money live blackjack casinos to play at. Fortunately, you can check our shortlist right here on this page. Once you pick your live dealer blackjack casino, the rest is easy:
- Sign up at the site. Remember to claim a bonus after reading through the terms.
- Make a deposit and select your preferred blackjack live game.
- Join the table if there’s an available seat. Otherwise, wait for a seat to become free.
- Place a bet during the betting window at the start of the game.
- Receive your first card in turn. At the live dealer table, dealing begins to the dealer’s left.
- Receive your second card.
- Play your hand using standard blackjack moves – hit, stand, etc. Make sure you apply basic strategy after assessing your hand and the dealer’s up card.
- You win or lose, depending on who has the better hand between you and the dealer.
Some Unique Features of Live Dealer Blackjack
- Bet behind – This is a special betting option at some live dealer tables. When a table is full, you can bet on another player’s hand while waiting for a chance to join in.
- Resplit – This allows you to split twice on the same hand if you happen to get identical pairs consecutively.
- Side bets – These are common at live blackjack tables and are designed as additional ways to win beyond getting a better hand than the dealer. They include insurance, 21+3, perfect pairs, etc.
- Six Card Charlie – This is a live blackjack rule that results in an automatic win if you build a hand of six cards without going bust.
Top 7 Live Blackjack Software Providers
When it comes to live dealer blackjack, not all software providers are created equal. The top dogs in the industry have crafted exceptional live gaming experiences by combining advanced technologies, professional dealers, and innovative features. Below, we’ll share a few of the best live blackjack software providers that continue to raise the bar.
Evolution Gaming is top-tier on the market. This developer has been a leading force in the live casino sector since its inception in 2006 and won the ‘Live Casino Supplier of the Year’ at the EGR B2B Awards for a record 11th time in 2020, demonstrating their unrivalled position in the live gaming arena. They have a range of slick blackjack variants with immersive and rich features, all optimised for both desktop and mobile.
Launched in 1999, Playtech is a behemoth in the online gaming world. With over two decades of experience, they’ve certainly earned their place among the top live dealer blackjack providers. One of Playtech’s notable achievements is the creation of the largest next-generation live casino studio in Riga, Latvia, in 2017. This move has allowed them to deliver high-quality and exciting live blackjack experiences.
Established in 2013, Ezugi is a live casino specialist that quickly distinguished itself as a serious contender in the live dealer arena. Their games are streamed live from studios worldwide, offering players a diverse, immersive experience. They’ve bagged strategic partnerships with top land-based casinos, including the Golden Nugget Casino in New Jersey.
Pragmatic Play may be relatively new to the live casino scene, having launched in 2015, but they’re old souls when it comes to delivering quality casino experiences. This developer offers everything from slots to table games and online bingo and has a dedicated Pragmatic Play Live unit which became a top contender when they acquired Extreme Live Gaming in 2018. Their live blackjack games are characterised by top-notch video quality, professional dealers, and a user-friendly interface, making them a top supplier for live dealer blackjack.
This is another developer specialising in live dealer gaming. Founded in 2015, Authentic Gaming takes authenticity to a new level by streaming games directly from the casino floors of some of the world’s most renowned resorts. This means that when you play an Authentic Gaming blackjack game, you’re right in the heart of the action, playing alongside patrons at the physical casino.
NetEnt, established in 1996, is another top-tier provider of live dealer blackjack. Although they’re most known for their library of real money pokies, they’ve proven their mettle with a range of high-quality, innovative live games. One notable highlight for NetEnt is their venture into mobile-first live blackjack offerings, allowing players to enjoy the thrill of live blackjack on their mobile devices. They are a leading choice for live blackjack thanks to their commitment to cutting-edge technology and player-centric designs.
Microgaming is one of the pioneers in the online casino software industry, having been around since 1994. They’ve made numerous significant strides over the years, but perhaps the most notable is the creation of the first-ever online casino software. They’ve got the largest online game catalogue you’ll find. It’s no wonder why they’re a favourite among many live blackjack enthusiasts. They rarely fail to deliver seamless experiences with crisp graphics, smooth gameplay, and intuitive user interfaces.
Overview of the Best Live Blackjack Games in NZ 2023
|99.56% (without multipliers hands)
|– Up to 25x multipliers
– Unlimited seats
|Live Quantum Blackjack Plus
|– Up to 50x multipliers
– Up to 5 cards with multipliers
|– Side bets
– Allows doubles on split hands
|Free Bet Blackjack
|– Free Doubles and Splits on some totals
– Side bets
|– 6 Card Charlie Rule
– Unlimited seats
|MultiPlay Blackjack Live
|– Early cashout
– Seven side bets
|Pragmatic Play ONE Blackjack
|– Unlimited players
– Side bets
– Wide stake range
|– Fast gameplay
– Bet behind
|– Surrender option available
– Cashout offered at any time during game
|Live Blitz Blackjack
|– Dedicated tables
– Unlimited players
|– Bet behind
– Multiple tables available
Are There Any Drawbacks of Live Dealer Blackjack?
The live dealer experience resembles the traditional casino experience. As such, it shares some of the same drawbacks. We’ve explained that live blackjack gameplay is fair and trustworthy and provides human interactions. However, live casino blackjack also moves at a slow pace since there are often multiple players who each have to take turns playing their hand. Online blackjack has rapid-fire rounds in comparison.
Most live blackjack games often have higher betting limits starting from $1 compared to online blackjack minimum bets that can go as low as a tenth of that value. In addition, live dealer games, including blackjack, require a stable and relatively high-speed internet connection. The games are live-streamed in high definition, and without a strong connection, you may experience buffering, lag, or even disconnections, which can make you lose out on a potential winning hand.
Another drawback is the higher operating costs associated with live dealer blackjack games (such as paying the dealers, maintaining the studio, etc.) As such, these games are usually only available for real-money play, and you can’t access them in free-play versions. Finally, some live dealer blackjack tables may not be available round the clock, so you may not be able to play at odd hours.
Tips for Playing Live Blackjack Online
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Live blackjack games are streamed in HD quality, so you’ll need broadband internet for the best, glitch-free experience.
- Pick your blackjack table wisely. Don’t just sit at the first table with a free seat but browse the house edges and other game features to select the best one for you.
- Since live blackjack is only available for real money, you can try free online blackjack to build up some experience without any risk.
- Check the table rules concerning when the dealer’s actions. Some tables require the dealer to stand on all 17s, while others tell the dealer to hit on a soft 17. Some games will also push your bet for a dealer’s hand total of 22.
- Use the chat function to interact with the dealer and other players. Not only does this make the game more enjoyable, but you can also pick up tips and strategies from other players.
- Make sure to start with lower stakes. This allows you to get comfortable with the live game’s pace, interactions, and other dynamics without risking too much money.
Blackjack Live Dealer Casinos FAQ
How does live dealer blackjack work?
Live dealer blackjack is based in a physical casino or a dedicated casino studio. With the use of cameras, microphones and other live dealer technology, players are linked via live stream video feed. The software interface on your device includes controls for betting and wagers.
Is live blackjack online rigged?
Unlike online blackjack, it’s almost impossible to rig live blackjack games because you can see all the actions play out in real time. As such, live blackjack is fair and trustworthy.
Are live blackjack dealers real humans?
Yes, live blackjack tables are handled by real-life dealers. These dealers communicate with players via a microphone, and you can chat with the dealer using the live chat feature.
What are the best live dealer blackjack casinos in New Zealand?
The best live dealer blackjack casinos are available right here on this page. Our recommended sites have been tested rigorously to ensure you enjoy a safe, exciting, and potentially profitable experience.