Table of Contents
- About WMS Gaming
- WMS Gaming Features
- The Best WMS Games
- Why Play WMS Gaming Slots?
About WMS Gaming
|about wms gaming
|Number of Games
WMS Gaming stands as one of the founding entities of the modern gaming industry. It started as a division of WMS Industries, which was founded by Harry Williams and dates back to 1943. Initially, this company was mostly invested in video arcade games and pinball machines. It had one of the finest versions available, called Paddle Ball.
WMS Gaming, as we know it today, was introduced in 1991 to enable the company to break into the gambling market. They began with video lottery terminals, and by 1994, they launched fully into the slot machines market. Two years later, they released the company’s first hit video slot machine, Reel ’em In. The early 2000s would spin by with various achievements for the company alongside a few roadblocks. However, WMS Gaming’s successes were pretty clear in the numbers.
The developer stepped into the forefront of online slots as these virtual reels began gaining attention. However, they did so a bit late, releasing their first online slots in 2010. Scientific Games took WMS Industries in 2013 in an acquisition deal that included the WMS Gaming branch. They’ve joined the likes of Bally, Shuffle Master, and Barcrest as sister game studios under the umbrella of Scientific Games (now Light & Wonder).
This developer helps connect casino lovers, game studios and operators in an excellent iGaming ecosystem. WMS offers seamless integration, which allows operators to manage gameplay and personalise it for a better player experience. For all their efforts, WMS Gaming have received several prestigious awards in the industry.
WMS Gaming Features
WMS Gaming is a top gaming brand for lots of casino enthusiasts across the globe. A lot of their popularity is tied to their fame at brick-and-mortar casinos. Nonetheless, there are unique features that players enjoy when playing WMS Gaming online. Here are the major ones:
Market-Leading Mobile Framework
The developer may have been late to the online gaming party, but they arrived in grand style. WMS quickly brought the best of video slots to players in the comfort of their smartphones.
WMS casino games are developed with HTML5. They are mobile-optimised and adaptable to any screen size. So with an iOS or Android phone, players can load almost any game from this software provider. WMS Gaming also provides network-level configurable solutions that help operators to personalise the gaming experience further.
Classic Slot Graphics
You may be slightly disappointed if you expect cutting-edge HD graphics from WMS games. The graphics here are true to the classic land-based slot machine style. There’s nothing fancy or too visually imposing. Players who enjoy minimalistic designs will love WMS titles. Although the graphics may be basic, the gameplay offers more than enough bonuses and rewards.
One of the most appealing features of any video slot is the presence of a progressive jackpot. Fortunately, WMS are fans of this bumper reward that keeps growing. Several slots by the developer feature one or more progressive jackpot prizes. Games such as Jackpot Party and the Monopoly Series come with some of the most bountiful jackpots.
The Best WMS Games
WMS is responsible for many fantastic casino offerings, especially in the video slot category. Here are some of their most popular titles:
- Super Jackpot Party – This video slot is exactly as exciting as it sounds. Super Jackpot Party is among the most popular games from this software provider, designed for players looking for big rewards. This 5×3-reel slot has several features, including a pick bonus game and plenty of Wilds and Jackpots to kick the fun into overdrive.
- Zeus – By all standards, Zeus is a powerful video slot. It comes with 30 paylines and exciting features such as free spins, respins and more. Look out for the top symbols, such as the Wilds and Scatters, to help trigger some of the biggest wins. Venture into the realm of the gods in this Greek-themed, 5×3-reel video slot.
- Raging Rhino – The beautiful plains of the African Savannah make up the backdrop in this slot. It’s got 6 reels and 4 rows, plus 4,096 ways to win. It’s centred around a free spins feature where you get 50 spins with the possibility of retriggers. Wilds and Scatters are also available.
- Wizard of Oz – This branded 5-reeler slot brings players to the land of Oz to take part in the fun and rewards that come with such an exciting adventure. In-game bonuses include exciting random Wild reels, which can occupy the entire game screen and churn out hefty rewards during any base game spin. This 30-payline slot also has its fair share of free spins as well as massive progressive jackpot prizes. Several sequels to this game are also available by the developer.
- Monopoly Grand Hotel – This 5-reel game merges the graphics of a monopoly game with the gameplay of a video slot to create an unforgettable experience. There are 50 paylines with medium volatility and many monopoly-inspired symbols to look out for. Wilds, free spins, multipliers and a pick bonus game trigger the chance for more rewards.
Why Play WMS Gaming Slots?
As suggested in earlier parts of this review, WMS is one of the most experienced brands in the gaming industry. They’ve combined their wealth of experience with the latest technologies to produce games that appeal to all classes of players. As one of the well-regulated and licensed software providers, WMS Gaming’s offerings are entirely safe and fair.
They are massively popular in land-based settings and have achieved just as much critical acclaim in the online scene. WMS may not be popular for its graphics quality, but the unique features and systems embedded in its offerings state their relevance in the casino industry. They provide entertaining gameplay with bonus games, unique winning mechanics and progressive jackpots.