Table of Contents
- About Tom Horn Gaming
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
About Tom Horn Gaming
|about tom horn gaming||info|
|Provider||Tom Horn Gaming|
|Number of Games||80+|
|Products||Video Slots, Table Games, Instant Win|
Hit the corporate homepage of most companies, and it’s usually crammed with jingoist business slogans. They’re commonly filled to the rafters with words like “pioneering, innovative and dynamic”. Tom Horn Gaming’s vision page has one sentence – “We disrupt. We accelerate. We drive a new age of gaming”. And to be fair, what more do you need to know?
The Slovakian software provider was established in 2006 but now has its HQ in Malta.
Despite being a relative “newbie” to the iGaming world, they’ve clocked up an impressive 80 titles. The bulk of these are video slots, but you’ll also find table games, including roulette, plus instant win games such as Keno and Bingo.
Popular titles include Drunken Viking and Spinball. They’re not one of the biggest slot providers, employing more than 50 people in four countries, but we rank them very highly.
Their games can be easily integrated via an API into third-party systems, making it a doddle for casinos to “bed” their slots into the website.
This is a fabulous slot developer who provides games for quality casinos.
Tom Horn Gaming are an ever-present force at trade shows, choosing to launch many of their new slots at the events. They’re certainly no suckers when it comes to PR, either. Over the years, they’ve won many industry awards, including, most recently:
- 2019 – Southern European Gaming Awards – Best Online Casino Provider
- 2019 – Southern European Gaming Awards – Online Casino Innovator 2019
- 2019 Best Online Casino Provider -Central and Eastern European Gaming Awards
- Baltic and Scandinavian Gaming Awards Best Online Casino Innovator in the Baltics 2019
They’ve also got licences from two of the best in the business, with a UK Gambling Licence and the Malta Gaming Authority. Tom Horn Gaming has also gone the extra mile when it comes to testing, with three labs checking their games, including QUINEL, GLI and iTech Labs.
Features & Game Types
This is a company on the up, one that is looking to produce 15 new titles every year.
Tom Horn Gaming does cover table games, and instant win games such as Keno and Bingo, but these offerings are limited; they are a slot-first provider, and the bulk of their games are “pokies” – as they call them in New Zealand.
Their back catalogue of games used to be a lot bigger, but when they swapped from “Flash” to HTML5 for mobile-friendly use, they chose to make new slots rather than swapping older versions to the new format.
Tom Horn slots cover the whole thematic spectrum with nature, history, fantasy and Oriental, to name a few. They’re perfect for IE players.
They even touch on the rather raunchy theme of the Amsterdam scene with their slot Red Lights.
Design-wise, they’re predominantly cartoon based, with five – 40 paylines and great bonus features. They’re also available in 22 languages.
A typical Tom Horn Slots is:
- Well designed
- Between 5- 40 pay-lines
- Features including Wilds, Free Spins & Multipliers
- Bonuses including Linked Wins & Respins with Fixed Wilds
Highest Return to Player Slots
If you like your payouts smaller but more frequent, Tom Horn Gaming is a good choice. They are slap bang in the middle of the industry average for Return to Player (RTP) percentages, with their games averaging between 96% and 97% RTP.
You will, of course, find some higher volatility and lower RTP slots, especially for top-paying casinos, if that is your preference. Here are some of the best RTP games on their books.
- Thrones of Persia – RTP 98.8%
- Sizable Win – RTP 97.4%
- Flaming Fruit – RTP 97%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Dragon Egg – With an RTP of 96.44%, medium to high volatility and a max win of 10,000x stake, this game has a lot to offer. It’s a standard five-reel, three-row format with nine pay lines. Released in 2015, this Dragon-themed slot offers wilds, free spins and multipliers. A black winged Dragon acts as a wild, and three Golden Eggs will get you on the board. Before you start spinning, you get to pick Golden Eggs on the grid. You then pick three of the same coloured dragons to reveal how many free spins and the size of the multiplier you will be playing with.
- 3 Mermaids – We found this game to be very entertaining. It’s got a really simple three-reel, three-row layout with 27 pay lines. Max win is 1,620x your bet, and it has medium-high volatility. Graphically, it’s fantastic, with the symbols of weird and wonderful fish accompanied with an underwater soundtrack. But it is the mermaids that are the stars of the show in this slot. Each one has a different feature; one is a wild, one is a respin and one a multiplier. These can push other symbols up or down to generate a full reel. Landing all three mermaids will mean a big win. The RTP for this one is 95.07%.
- Fluxberry – This slot is a bit fruity! The symbols are cubed-shaped fruits such as raspberries and strawberries, presented on a five-reel, three-row format with 40 pay lines. With an RTP of 95% is medium to high in terms of volatility. If a W for wild sticks, it activates the Flux feature, which sees sticky wilds expanding down the reel for up to three spins. Jam jars act as scatters, three of which will see you on the board. Depending on the number of scatters one, two or three full reels will appear as wilds.
- Peng Wins – This ‘puntasticly’ named game sees plucky penguins in an Antarctic challenge. It’s a five-reel, three-row format where the symbols float on icebergs. Nice touch! Penguin family life is at the heart of this game, which means features including Giant Family Wild, Expanding Wild and Father and Mother wilds. There’s also a wild jumping feature where the wild jumps to the middle with every spin. Top-notch graphics and a super storyline make this slot sing but so does the 1,200x stake max win. PengWins has an RTP of 95.99% and is wild, wild, wild when it comes to bonuses.
- Sweet Crush – If you’ve got a sweet tooth, this game is for you. This three-reel, three-row sugary delight of a slot has a 96% RTP and 27 pay lines. With scatters, multipliers, and free spins. Unlike many of the variations by online casinos of the classic Candy Crush game, this one isn’t a cascade-and-win. It’s a standard format with standard gameplay where 7s are wilds and stars are scatters. Three scatters award you the free spin bonus round.
We like Tom Horn a lot!
Their designs are classic cartoon-style. Their gameplay is free spins, wilds and scatters. And their bang on the RTP money.
The only thing wrong with Tom Horn, in our humble opinion, is their boast that they are a company that, according to their website, “disrupt, accelerate and drive a new age” of games.
They’re solid all-rounders with great games, that’s for sure, but they’re certainly not the young stylish iGaming innovators of Elk, Yggdrasil and Thunderkick.