Table of Contents
- About Kalamba Games
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
About Kalamba Games
|about kalamba games||info|
|Number of Games||60+|
Kalamba’s mission is to become, in their own words – “a next-generation data-informed B2B casino games supplier which aims to disrupt the market through a powerful combination of innovative games and promotional tools.”
In other words, they develop quality games casinos want, and players enjoy!
This newbie to the iGaming ‘slotosphere’ has hit the ground hard, developing 60-plus games in its short history, and it isn’t slowing down anytime soon! The company has given itself a target of developing 12 slots a year.
They also build their offering using HTML5 tech, making them perfect for mobiles and tablets.
A pivotal moment for the fledgling company was back in 2017 when it entered into a partnership with Oryx Gaming, allowing it to distribute games into regulated EU markets.
That relationship continues to go from strength to strength, with Kalamaba announcing, in 2022, a deal with Oryx’s parent company Bragg to distribute their games in regulated US markets.
All of this means you can expect to see plenty more of this software provider’s offerings in quality casinos.
Currently, Kalamba delivers 60+ slots across 350+ brands in 30 languages with 250+ currencies (including crypto).
Not too shabby for a company less than a decade old!
Kalamba has a great focus on the regulated market, having gained a Malta Gaming Authority license as well as local certifications in Sweden, Croatia, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands.
They have also been awarded a super license from the Hellenic Gaming Commission (HGC), allowing them to distribute games to local Greek gaming operators.
Late in 2022, the company received a huge boost to its expansion plans after securing the ISO/IEC 27001 certification standard for its information security management system.
This compliance standard is a prerequisite when it comes to opening up new territories because it involves some serious testing and retesting to make sure it meets data protection practices and procedures set by the International Organisation for Standardisation and the International Electrotechnical Commission.
This is one safe, smooth operator.
You wouldn’t expect a young company like Kalamba to have a packed trophy cabinet stuffed with industry awards. That sort of ongoing silverware polishing tends to come with longevity.
But the signs are already emerging that recognition won’t be long off!
In 2021 they were nominated for Innovator of the Year at the iGaming Idol Awards and won silver for Best Game Soundtrack at the SBC Awards.
It is only a matter of time before this company starts picking up the gongs on a regular basis.
Features & Game Types
But when we played their games they evoked memories more akin to legends such as Barcrest and Bally. That’s because Kalamba’s games may not look like the latest Hollywood animation, but they have huge value in pay and play – and that’s a model of business the old guard of the gaming world stuck with a long time ago.
If you want games with interesting features that mix classic with new, plus high volatility for the potential to win big, then this slot provider is for you.
In a short space of time, they’ve also introduced two brilliant features to their games. The HyperBonus feature which allows you to go straight to the main bonus round for a set price and the HyperBet feature where you can set your free spin and multiplier amount for the main feature when playing the base game. This obviously increases the cost per spin but also the amount you could win in the main game.
- Stacked Multiplier Wilds
- HyperBonus Feature
- Free spins retriggers
- Good graphics
- Variety of themes
Highest Return to Player Slots
If you love games that have a high Return To Player percentage, then Kalamba has your back. Their games average, in our experience, bang in line with the online slot average of 96-97%, but their games do tend to be high in terms of volatility.
Here are some of their highest RTP slots.
Crystal Cavern – RTP 97.72%
Miami Bonus Wheel – RTP 97.7%
Blue Moon Express – RTP 97.5%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Zombie Queen – At casino.win, we have a weakness for zombie-themed slots, and this is right up there with the best of them. This is a six-reel, four-row slot with 50 pay lines, and the base game is packed with fun features, including sticky wilds and walking multiplier wilds. The HyperBonus feature allows you to pay to go directly to the main bonus game of free spins, where you can adjust the value of the wild multipliers for a touch of added spice. With an RTP of 97.7% and a medium to high volatility, it is a brilliant game to play. The Hyperbet feature allows you to increase the value of the multiplier and the number of free spins if you get on the board; increasing this increases the stake value. Three flaming skulls land you on the board, where you pick from a choice of three options with varying free spin and multiplier values.
- Joker Max – This is part of Kalamba’s Joker series of games and involves the HyperBet feature and four levels of Jackpot features. This is a classic slot layout with bells, bars, and four-leafed clovers all acting as symbols on a six-reel, four-row board. The joker acts as the wild multiplier. Jackpots include varying values for Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. To win the jackpots, you need to land the correct number of casino chip symbols – 14 on one spring will win you the Platinum jackpot. Three scatters get you on the board, where you receive the number of free spins determined by your HyperBet setting. Collecting stars during the free spins round rewards you with additional spins. Design-wise, this does feel “retro,” but it has immense playability.
- Machina4 – Beautiful design, animation and sound combine in this android-inspired sci-fi slot. With an RTP of 96.59% and high volatility, this game excites by the bucket load. This Megaways game has 46656 ways to win, and if you can’t be bothered waiting for the three scatter symbols to land to get you on the board, you can buy your way to free spins with the HyperBonus feature. Once you’re on the free spins round, collecting robots will reward you with more than three spins. There are also three jackpots up for grabs where collecting the right amount of android symbols will win you the prize – 16+ lands you the big jackpot.
- Tree of Gold – This oriental slot has a very unusual layout with a smaller board next to a larger one. Paylines work across both boards, and it has an RTP of 96.14% with high volatility. A total of 60 paylines could see you winning a max of 1000x stake on the base game. As you’d expect, it’s packed with chinese symbols, golden dragon multiplier wilds, and thematically appropriate music. There’s a bonus mission game section where you have to win X times your stake to unlock a prize, but the main bonus feature is free spins.
- Fire Eagle – This is another unusual board layout by Kalamba. It has six reels and starts with two rows on the left which then slowly expand until you get six rows on the right of the screen. Expanding reels of random stacked multiplier wilds are the big feature of the base game, with a flaming phoenix as the symbol. Other symbols include orbs and gems. Similar to Tree of Gold, it has a bonus mission section where once you have won a stake X amount of times, you receive bonus cash and step up to the next level. It has an RTP of 95.38% and is medium to high in terms of volatility. The main bonus feature is free spins with a max win of 1000x stake on the base game.
Kalamba may not be that old in terms of business but it has an old head on young shoulders.
Their games have good graphics, they have a wide selection of themes to suit most people’s tastes, and they have smashed out 60 plus quality titles in less than six years of trading.
What sets them apart is their fusion of new tech and old iGaming arts. Their games are immensely playable, offer high-value wins due to their volatility, and are packed with features new and old.
This is a player’s slot provider, one who isn’t dazzled but with cute animation and 3D design. Rather a player who likes to bet, have some entertainment along the way, and, perhaps, win some decent money.
This is a quality company, no doubt.