Table of Contents
- About Iron Dog Studio
- Iron Dog Features
- Best Iron Dog Studio Games
- Why Play Iron Dog Studio Games?
About Iron Dog Studio
|about iron dog studio
|Iron Dog Studio
|Number of Games
|Slots, Table Games, Scratchcards
This independent gaming studio was carved out of the 1×2 Network in 2017 as a sister site to 1x2gaming. That same year, they released their first slot, Paint – a 5-reel, 20-payline game with an art theme.
From the onset, Iron Dog Studio benefitted from the partnerships of the 1×2 Network. Following the Network’s Megaways licensing deal in 2019, Iron Dog launched their first Megaways slot, Pirate Kingdom Megaways. They have released over a dozen more games based on the mechanic since then.
The studio gets distribution coverage from its parent company and the NYX aggregation platform. They are based in Brighton, UK, and operate on UKGC and MGA licences. Certifications from GLI and QUINEL show that their slots are fair and random.
Among their milestone achievements was the creation of the Branded Megaways slot in 2020 – a bespoke Megaways game that can be tailored to any casino operator thanks to customisable features. The slot won them the Game of the Year award at the EGR Operator Virtual Awards.
Iron Dog Features
Every Iron Dog game is a fun experience, and we have to credit the developer’s technological prowess. Although several features are borrowed from existing ones, this software company doesn’t just copy-paste. Instead, the team of expert slot creators redefine these technologies every time to create fresh game experiences that you won’t get anywhere else.
The Megaways Mechanic from Big Time Gaming is common on Iron Dog slots. However, you won’t just find the standard 117,649 ways to win. This developer pumps up the Megaways engine to allow up to 1 million ways to win on specific slots.
Lock It Reels
You’ll find this feature in slots like I Million Megaways BC. Lock It Reels allows reels that expand to their maximum height to stay locked in place. This bonus feature enables those obscene number of ways to win that Iron Dog is known for.
High Volatility and Massive Payout Potential
Iron Dog slots will either offer high volatility or very high volatility. High volatility often translates to high payouts, albeit infrequently, and several Iron Dig slots will blow your mind with their payout potential. Players stand a chance to win up to 45,000x their stake or more.
Just as 1×2 Network is at the forefront of HTML5 development, Iron Dog also focuses on mobile-first gaming. The developer’s games play effectively on desktops, but you can expect a more excellent experience when you play on your smartphone or tablet.
Best Iron Dog Studio Games
There’s so much focus on Iron Dog as a slot developer that it’s easy to forget they also provide other casino games. Currently, they have three table games – 3D Blackjack, 3D Roulette, and 3D Baccarat.
They’ve also produced 12+ scratchcard options. The cool thing is that they take inspiration from some of their most popular slots to create these instant win games, which naturally attract the interest of players who’ve enjoyed the slot variants. You can try Gifts of Ostara Scratch and Viking Wilds Scratch if you’re a scratchcard lover.
That said, in today’s online casino industry, it’s hard to beat those captivating one-armed bandits in terms of popularity. The developer’s best games are indeed slots, and these are the top 5 we recommend:
- I Million Megaways BC – This slot is set during the ice age and offers mammoth-sized ways to win and payouts that are just as large. There’s everything from cascading wins to multipliers, free spins, sticky Wilds, etc. Thanks to the Lock It Reels system and a mammoth reel that holds up to 9 symbols, you can play with as many as 1,058,841 Megaways.
- Dwarven Gems Megaways – Muscled dwarf miners toy with dynamites and dangerous explosives as they hunt for rare gems and gold in this slot. Look out for free spins, sticky Wilds, and Power Gems which add more Wilds and extra free spins. Accompanying the 6 reels and up to 200,704 Megaways are superb graphics and groundbreaking animations, literally.
- Gifts of Ostara – Easter-themed slots aren’t many in the industry, and this one takes inspiration from the pagan goddess of Easter, Ostara. It’s a 5-reel game with 20 paylines and the most colourful Easter eggs. Special egg symbols will bring respins, Wilds, and sticky Wilds. You can get 10 free spins, during which Ostara herself will act as an expanding Wild to increase your win potential.
- Solar Nova – Here’s a spectacular space-themed slot on a 9×9 grid with cluster pays. Tumbling reels, symbol transformation and teleporting symbols will help you achieve those winning clusters. Watch out for Rocket Wilds with increasing multipliers and 3×3 Wilds that land in the free spins.
- Vikings Wild – This 5-reel slot based on Norse mythology has 1,024 ways to win. The game, however, comes with expanding reels that take the win ways up to 3,125. Bonus features include Wilds, free spins, and tumbling reels. Collect keys to unlock free spins and cascading reward multipliers. Expanded reels can also persist into free spins.
Why Play Iron Dog Studio Games?
If you’ve tried this developer’s games, you’ll know there’s every reason to add Iron Dog to your list of top software providers. There are only a few games in the catalogue, but their quality standard is visible by a mile. They are also relatively new on the market but, in such a short time, have graced the iGaming scene with not only top-notch slots but also impressive table and scratch games.