Table of Contents
- About Elk Studios
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
About Elk Studios
|about elk studios||info|
|Number of Games||60+|
If ever a company oozed the concept of quality over quantity, it is Elk Studio. Formed in 2013, they have a reputation for breaking the mould with imaginative new designs, themes, characters, narratives and gameplay.
One of their corporate beliefs is that they “passionately push boundaries in the online casino industry in order to entertain and to maximize the gaming experience for players.”
That’s a statement very hard to disagree with, given the quality of what they have to offer.
Where Elk truly stands out is in its design. Like all great designs, they know that less is more and that makes their games uncluttered and elegant and much more immersive as a result.
Sometimes slots can overload you with information in the periphery of the frame. Not at Elk!
They also avoid, in the main, generic themes preferring instead to layer their own narrative and storytelling with beautiful design and immersive soundtracks.
They launched their first slot, The Lab, back in 2014 and have gone from strength to strength, producing more than 60 slots that are played in thousands of online casinos across the globe.
You don’t get two better licences than these two!
Each slot is independently checked for fairness in terms of actual and theoretical returns before being certified and launched.
Over the years, Elk Studios has notched up several awards, including for their game Wild Toro which was named Game of the Year award at the EGR Operators Awards in 2017.
Features & Game Types
Elk prides itself on creating original characters and meaningful narratives. Even when they visit themes that are so overly used in iGaming, they still manage to give them a fresh vibe.
Their efforts are focused purely on slots; there’s no room for blackjack, roulette or lotto. This is a company aiming to be the master of one, not a jack of all trades. Neither does Elk delve into the world of progressive jackpots.
Overall their slots are high-volatility games with an RTP of between 95% and 96.4%.
Here are some telltale signs you’re playing an Elk slot:
- Built for the mobile
- Elegantly designed
- Paired back with no clutter
- Quality soundtracks
- Engaging storytelling and graphics
Elk games also offer some unique betting strategies in addition to their feature-laden content. These include the Jumper, Leveller, Booster and Optimizer.
These are essentially automated betting strategies that adjust your bet value for you according to your performance. You can choose the betting style that suits your strategy or simply play the way you like best by hitting spin.
- The Jumper – The best way to describe this is positive winning. Your stake is increased when you win and reset when you lose. There’s a ceiling stake on this of four levels above your original stake.
- The Leveller – This is based on not winning! It increases your bet by two levels when you haven’t won in five spins. Once you hit a win, you return to your original stake.
- The Booster – This strategy raises your stake by one level after every losing spin until it reaches a maximum of four levels above your original. Once again, bets are reset when you win.
- The Optimizer – This is the complicated one! Your bet will change automatically to the percentage of your balance that you select. With this one, the higher your bet balance following wins, the more your percentage stake is worth and visa versa.
Elk Studio slots also come with a range of features to make gameplay epic, including sticky wilds, stacked wilds, cascading wins, bonus rounds, free spins and more.
Highest Return to Player Slots
Strategy plays a large part in everyone’s gambling journey. For those who like slots that pay out more frequently, here are some of the higher RTP games developed by Elk Studios.
- Route 777- RTP 96.3%
- Wild Seas – RTP 96.3%
- Diablo Reels – RTP 96.3%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Taco Brothers – This fun video slot features five reels and 243 pay lines. The narrative here is about three brothers trying to stop an evil captain from stealing their tacos. As you’d expect, it is awash with Mexican-themed artwork. Betting strategies available include Jumper, Leveller and Booster. Land three safe symbols and you are awarded the Wild Escape bonus game, where free spins are amplified by running wilds and multipliers. The RTP for this game is 96.3%.
- Wild Toro – Sunny Spain is the muse for this slot’s design. Wild Toro captures the energy found in the bullring with five reels and four rows. Features include Toro Walking Wilds, Matador Respins and the Toro Goes Wild Bonus. The RTP for this one is 96.4%, and the max win is 2,250, your total stake. There is a lot going on with this slot; no wonder it’s an award winner.
- Voodoo Gold – This is a bone-chilling, black magic-themed slot. Set in the Southern USA, it has a max payout of 5000x your stake. It has an RTP of 96.1% and is stunningly designed. The main feature is the Avalanche feature with exploding bombs. You begin with four rows and 4,096 ways to win but could end up with eight rows and 262,144 ways to win.
- Route 777 – This game is packed with reloads and free spins, taking you on a road trip like no other. With three reels, three pay lines and 17 pay lines, it’s a solid choice to play. Plus, it looks very cool. It has medium volatility with an RTP of 96.3%. Symbols consist of fruits, bars and skulls. If you land two scattered skulls, you are awarded 5 – 15 additional free spins, but three activate the Fortune Wheel. Original and exciting, this is another slot that Elk has knocked out of the park for a winning home run.
- Ivanhoe – This classic old tale of Ivanhoe and Richard the Lionheart has three reels, three rows and 17 pay lines. It’s a medium to high volatility game with an RTP of 96.3%. It has the potential to payout up to 3000x your original stake. The bonus game feature plays out free spins on five levels – once you win certain amounts, you move up a level which increases the multiplier and gives you more free spins.
Without a shadow of a doubt, Elk Studios are a quality software provider. They have some truly innovative approaches to game development.
They are beautifully designed, full of fun and are pioneers when it comes to automated betting strategies.
Their RTPs are on the low side compared to others, but they’re still a lot higher than if you were playing at a land-based casino.