Table of Contents
- About Blueprint Gaming
- Most Popular Games by Blueprint Gaming
About Blueprint Gaming
Founded in 2001 with its headquarters in Newark, Blueprint Gaming is a UK based gaming studio. Blueprint Gaming’s UK office has over 100 employees and is known for designing and producing popular multi-platform casino slot games. The developer has also established a base in Malta with the Lucksome development studio.
Blueprint Gaming is regulated by the UK Gambling Commision, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, and the Malta Gaming Authority. Supporting 18 languages and over 30 currencies, the developer has recently acquired a licence for Ontario. They aim to create multiple new games and add unique titles to their portfolio each year, and they pride themselves on offering substantial operator support.
In 2008 the German gaming giant, Gauselmann Group, bought shares in Blueprint Gaming. By 2012 the company completed its acquisition and Blueprint Gaming officially joined the Gauselmann Group family.
Blueprint Gaming – Gauselmann Group
Initially, Blueprint Gaming were a land-based slot games producer, but in 2009 they branched out into online games, launching the slot Viz, and taking their first steps towards becoming the recognised omnichannel provider they are today.
Joining the Gauselmann Group certainly changed the roadmap for Blueprint Gaming. The Gauselmann Group’s journey into iGaming dates back to 1957, and they have built a strong reputation in manufacturing and operations, both on and offline, within all aspects of the gambling, gaming, bingo, adult gaming centre (AGC) and casino sectors.
With over 15,000 employees and licensed to trade in more than 40 countries, the Gauselmann Group can be found with fingers in both B2C and B2B pies. Gauselmann Group has 16 games teams spread around the world and owns over 500 arcade outlets. It also owns Merkur, who create, distribute, and host casino slots.
Within the Gauselmann Group there is a significant crossover between companies like Merkur, Blueprint Gaming and Blueprint Operations. Naturally, the websites are all branded similarly, but the games seem to crossover too. For example, Eye of Horus was a big hitting land-based game before Blueprint Gaming reimagined it for online (where it also became a huge hit).
Blueprint Operations is the arm of the company that deals with land-based slot and analogue gaming machines. They offer high-quality terminals across all categories of player machines and supply to bingo halls, AGCs and pubs.
Blueprint Gaming create the slots that service the machines and boast that their games can be played on over 100,00 land-based gaming terminals in the UK, Italy and Germany alone.
In terms of keeping up to date with Blueprint Gaming on social media, the best bet is probably to follow them on LinkedIn, where they seem most active. You can find them on Twitter, but they do not seem to have updated that in a while. They are also on YouTube, where they have plenty of demo videos of their games but are surprisingly light on corporate content.
Visibility and Awards
As a prolific producer of content in the iGaming world, Blueprint Gaming represents at all the usual industry and award ceremonies. Regulars at G2E and SiGMA, Blueprint Gaming have also recently hosted charity events in Malta. Problems with Brexit suggest that ICE may be off the table for the Gauselmann Group conglomerate in the near future, but you can expect to see them popping up elsewhere.
As producers of successful globally played casino slots, Blueprint Gaming are no stranger to industry awards. The Goonies Return was recently nominated for the SiGMA game of the year award, and brand favourites such as Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways, Eye of Horus Megaways, and The Goonies have had many accolades bestowed upon them.
Blueprint Gaming can be found standing up for All-In-Diversity and women within the sector and are committed to acting against modern slavery.
The Gauselmann Group are more involved with social and community projects, and you can find them expressing their social commitment through sports sponsorship and within health, social and cultural affairs. They are interested in environmental protection and sustainability as well as consumer prevention and protection protocol, including players and youth protection. They also run several foundations, such as the Paul and Karin Gauselmann Foundation and the Gauselmann Family Foundation.
Blueprint is one of most well-connected brands in iGaming. They have collaborated and teamed up with the likes of Mutuel Play, SkillOnNet, Groove Gaming, Light & Wonder, Prize Lines, NetEnt, Rootz, SoftSwiss, Banijay brands, PokerStars, and more. The list is extensive to say the least.
The constant collaborations and innovations within Blueprint Gaming are of course great news for players. For example, when Blueprint Gaming was the first supplier to license Megaways from Big Time Gaming, it opened a whole world of opportunity for the brands and players alike.
IP is a big part of the Blueprint Gaming identity. Indeed, Jo Pervis, Director of Key Accounts and Marketing UK at Blueprint Gaming, recently revealed the secret of Blueprint Gaming’s IP collaborative successes:
“Gaining the confidence of the brand owner is vital and the only way to accomplish this is by showing them the same dedication and passion for the IP as they do.”
This can be seen in the care and attention Blueprint Gaming demonstrated when bringing to life big brand games such as Deal or No Deal, Ted, Goonies, Maradona, and Rick and Morty.
Blueprint Gaming is all about slots. Whilst they have branched out with one of two card games, roulette games and scratch tickets, slots are really the main focus of the brand.
The brand has over 300 slots in their catalogue and are prolific in adding more each year. In 2019 they added a whopping 50 games and the brand is committed to adding at least 20 unique games per annum.
Their slots catalogue includes Merkur games, Megaways titles, Jackpot King games (which include many adaptations from other popular series), Deal or No Deal, and their classic Pub Fruit series, which is bursting with bonuses and features.
Blueprint Gaming have also recently launched an innovative move towards social gaming, with their Deal or No Deal Join & Spin community slot. Available on the Sky Bingo and Sky Vegas platform, Deal or No Deal Join & Spin is an immersive and social game that allows all active players a chance to join in and split the winnings.
Speaking of winnings, Blueprint Gaming slots have generated life-changing payouts.
The Blueprint Gaming Jackpot King series has paid out over £63.7 million to date, with over £20 million in 2019 alone – and a cool £4.3 million of this was won by one lucky player, at PaddyPower, on the Mars Attacks Jackpot King game. Blueprint Gaming have even upped the ante by adjusting the Jackpot King Royal and Regal pots to pay out more often.
Most recently a lucky PokerStars player snagged an £8.1 million win in 2021 playing Deal or No Deal Megaways Jackpot King.
Most Popular Games by Blueprint Gaming
Blueprint Gaming certainly has their finger on the pulse of iGaming offerings. They produce games with topical IP, classic slots that make the nostalgia kick in and big jackpots that get pulses racing.
Their most popular games come from all sections of their offerings, meaning there is something for everyone, whether you want to bet small, win big, or are just along for the ride.
Eye of Horus Megaways
- The Merkur Gaming Eye of Horus slot series has been extremely successful for the Gauselmann Group, as one of the top performing land-based games in the UK and Europe. It is no surprise then that in 2019 Blueprint Gaming brought an adaption of the game to the Megaways collection.
- Eye of Horus Megaways offers all the features of the original game but with the extra winning potential you would expect from a Megaways game. The retro muted toned Egyptian themed graphics feel very on brand for Blueprint Gaming, as do the pub ‘fruit machine’ type sounds.
- Gameplay takes place on 6 reels, each of which can display 2-5 symbols, offering potentially 15,625 paylines. Gameplay starts at just 0.10, volatility is medium/high, RTP is 95% and max payout is 10,000x.
- Eye of Horus Megaways is a bit light on features, save for wilds going full reel. The game is all about the free spins round, where there is potential to win big. Spin three scatters to get an initial 12 free spins, which can be retriggered during the free spins bonus round. Landing a Horus wild during the free spins will award players an extra free spin and it will also transform low paying symbols into higher paying ones. Work your way through the symbols and if you’re lucky enough to spin six wilds you could win 100x your bet.
- Other slots in the Eye of Horus series include Eye of Horus Gambler, Eye of Horus The Golden Tablet and Eye of Horus Fortune Play.
The Goonies Return
- No one can deny that Blueprint gaming excels when it comes to branded slots, and The Goonies Return is no exception. The game manages to capture the charm and nostalgia of the film, and whereas Eye of Horus was light on bonus features, The Goonies Return packs them in.
- With six random base game modifiers, four random losing spin modifiers and a six feature Bonus wheel, The Goonies Return is a whirlwind of features. The reels are a classic 5×3 formation, there are 20 paylines, RTP is 96%, bets start from 0.10 and there is a maximum win of a whopping £250,000.
- Released in 2021, The Goonies Return offers graphics and gameplay that are delightful. All the main characters from the film make an appearance, with Mikey, Data, Chunk, Mouth, One-Eyed Willy and Sloth guiding players through bonus and multipliers. Free spin bonus modes include the Booby Trap Bonus, Waterslide to Wealth Bonus, Skeleton Organ Free Spins and One-Eyed Willy Riches Bonus, and there’s even a feature gamble for those who dare to try their luck.
- Fans of the game may want to check out the original Goonies slot from 2018, or the 2019 Jackpot King version.
Deal or No Deal: The Perfect Play
- Deal or No Deal is one of the most successful IP adaptations from Blueprint Gaming, and it is easily one of the most recognisable brands the company works with. The concept will be familiar to anyone who has seen the show or played any of the games: choose yourself a box and bet your wits against the Banker for a chance to win big money prizes.
- The slot has received some criticism for being ‘too complicated’ and the board being too complex, but anyone who is familiar with pub slots will probably disagree. Indeed, Deal or No Deal: The Perfect Play is a perfect example of a Blueprint gaming pub slot online adaption. The gameplay and graphics really capture the old school pub slot feel and you can almost feel the weight of the stop button under your finger click.
- Released in 2018, Deal or No Deal: The Perfect Play has a hearty RTP of 96.5%, is rated ‘medium’ volatility, it is set on 5×3 reels and gameplay starts at 0.10. Players must complete the 8-space trail and make it on to the money board to start the game. Spin the dice reel in the middle and work your way around the board, clocking up bonus chances, hi/lo spins, cash pot adds or cash ladder climbs – don’t forget to cash out whilst the choice is still yours, or you could lose out. Make it all the way to the Banker and you can enjoy the big money bonuses – or losses!
Fishin’ Frenzy Jackpot King
- A further instalment of an immensely popular series for Blueprint Gaming, Fishin’ Frenzy Jackpot King brings big bucks to this player favourite. Released in 2020, the game itself is set up on the 5×3 reel configuration, has a starting bet of 0.10, ten winlines, a max win of x500, low volatility, and a RTP of 93%.
- An oasis of calm, and all things sea related, the free spins are definitely the thing to look for with this game. Three golden ship scatters will start your free spins round and you’ll be on the lookout for your fisherman friend to reel in the cash-laden fish for you. Multiple fishermen on the reels can really help see the wins add up, and as a bonus they are wild symbols too.
- As a Jackpot King game any win could potentially be a huge winner. Spin five Jackpot King symbols and enter the bonus game. Spin the crowns and choose your symbols to climb your way to the top. 15 crowns will get you a turn on the big wheel you could win life changing amounts of money.
- If you enjoy the fisherman lifestyle, then there are plenty more Fishin’ Frenzy games in the Blueprint Gaming portfolio sea. Choose from titles such as Fishin’ Frenzy Prize Lines, Fishin’ Frenzy The BIg Catch, or even Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways.
Luck O’ The Irish Big Bonus
- Adding some oomph to the Luck O’ The Irish series, Blueprint Gaming’s latest offering, Luck O’ The Irish Big Bonus, has all the familiar graphics and sounds you’d expect from this Emerald Isle themed game. The Big Bonus bet is where all focus falls in this 50 betway, 6×4 reel slot. With an RTP of 95.5 and 1000x max win, this medium to high variant slot means you might need the luck of the Irish on your side to rack up the winnings.
- You can start the Big Bonus feature in two ways – either by spinning three pots of gold scatters or by gambling a winning roll and trading it for a Big Wheel spin. If you go the gamble route you can adjust your odds slightly, but you must be prepared to lose it all.
- However you get there, the Big Wheel bonus spin will determine your free spin Big Bonus chances, where you can win up to 5 spins at x50. With sticky wilds in the mix, the Luck O’ The Irish Big Bonus can deliver a grand prize.
- If you can’t get enough of Irish themed slots, then do check out other titles from Blueprint Gaming, such as Luck O’ The Irish Fortune Spins and Luck O’ The Irish Fortune Spins 2.