Table of Contents
- About Booongo
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
|Number of Games||50+|
Established in 2015 with offices in Ukraine – before the war broke out – the company has enjoyed enormous success in a relatively short period of time.
The small but passionate team has a very clear mission, “striving to craft premium HTML5 games with stunning art and cutting-edge gameplay designed to attract, entertain and retain players’ excitement.”
This is a mobile-first company, designing games with high-end, glossy graphics in 2D and 3D that are perfect for handheld devices.
Their games can be found in many European online casinos, but they are also focusing on expansion into the Asian and Latin American markets.
Booongo is a slot-first company. All of their collective wisdom and energy is devoted to slots, so you won’t find any table games or live casino in their back catalogue.
Since launching, they’ve averaged ten new slots a year, and like many other smaller operators, this quality-over-quantity approach seems to be paying dividends.
Their games are sharp, unique and highly playable. There’s also a good selection of themes, including Egyptian, Oriental, Fantasy and Mexican.
Booongo is licensed and headquartered in Curacao, a Dutch Caribbean island.
This isn’t unusual in the slot world; a lot of new companies choose a Curacao licence because they are quicker and cheaper to obtain when starting a business. Many then choose to acquire licences from the UK Gambling Commission or Malta Gaming Authority as they grow.
In a short space of time, Booongo has already partnered with some big iGaming companies, including SoftSwiss.
Booongo games are tested by not one but two independent testing laboratories – Quinel and iTech Labs. That means you can be sure they are totally fair.
This is a company truly on the cusp of great things. In 2020 they were nominated as “Rising Star in Casino Innovation” category at the SBC Awards 2020. Their trophy cabinet might be a little bare at the moment, but given the rate of pace of this organisation, it is only going to get fuller.
Features & Game Types
Booongo doesn’t make games; they “craft” them. There is an attention to detail with their games that few slot providers can claim to match. This is an approach that aims to “stick” games within the hearts of players and, because of the high-end look and feel, attract high rollers looking for big payouts.
HTML5 technology provides the grease to the wheels of this slot provider, allowing them to serve up truly slick games.
Format-wise, expect to see the standard five-reel, three-row approach but extremely well done.
Features of Booongo include:
- 2D & 3D graphics
- Standard slot format
- Epic animations and graphics
- High roller feel
- Wilds, Scatters, Free Spins and Respins.
- Limited jackpot games.
Highest Return to Player Slots
Booongo’s theoretical overall RTP for slots is in line with the industry average of 96%. That makes them slap bang in the middle for payability.
But if you love games with very high Return to Player percentages, here are some of their best.
- God’s Temple – RTP 96.9%
- Poisoned Apple – RTP 96.8%
- Book of Sun – RTP 96.8%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Ganesha Boost: Hold n Win: This cartoon reincarnation of the Indian elephant God Ganesh is a five-reel, three-row affair with 25 pay lines. The pink Ganesh character acts as the wild; there are also free spins that can be retriggered, a bonus feature and four fixed jackpots of Grand, Major, Minor and Mini. Three scatter symbols reward you with a ten free spins bonus; the wild has a multiplier of 2x. The Bonus Round is triggered when you land six or more Bonus Cash symbols. Every time one of these coins sticks, your free spins are retriggered. If you collect all 15, you win the jackpot. If you land one of the jackpot prizes, you also win that. The game carries on until all 15 stick, or you run out of spins. With a 95.8 % RTP, a total win of 5,000x stake, medium volatility and great graphics this is a quality game.
- Aztec Gold: Hold n Win: This Aztec-inspired slot is a standard five-reel, three-row format with 25 pay lines. Prizes for the jackpot feature include Grand, Major & Mini. It has an RTP of 95%, making it medium to high in terms of volatility. Aztec symbols, including golden pyramids and face masks, are the backdrop for this fantastic slot where golden snakes are wild. Landing three golden temple scatter symbols wins you eight free spins with a 1x multiplier. Six or more sun symbols with associated cash values get you on the bonus board with three spins. If a sun sticks, you get three more respins. This carries on until you fill all 15 squares or you run out of spins. In addition, if you land one of the jackpot prizes, that is then added to your total prize pot.
- Scarab Riches: This Egyptian-themed slot has an RTP of 95.3%, is medium volatility and has a max payout of 700x stake. The pyramid scatter symbols kick in the free spins bonus where you receive 10 free spins with the potential for retriggers. A random scarab feature triggers between three and 12 scarabs landing on the reels acting as wilds which could see you win big.
- Green Chilli: Hold n Win: Take a tequila fuelled trip to Meh-ico with this great slot. The graphics on this game are immense, with Spanish dancers as scatters, a Mexican gentleman is a wild, plus there are giant green chilis and tequila bottles. All overlaid with classic Mexican guitar music. Three scatters or six or more chillis get you on the feature where green chillies with a cash value either stick or don’t when you spin. If one sticks, then three more respins are retriggered. Red chillies on the feature board act as multipliers. You cash collect when you have all 15, or you run out of spins. If you land one of the Jackpot prize symbols of Grand, Major, Minor or Mini, that’s also added to your prize pot. We’d play this game all day long just to get on the board. It’s a very entertaining feature with an RTP of 96.65%.
- Eggs of Gold: Take a trip down the Amazon to find an elusive parrot! This is a five-reel, three-row slot with a jaunty tune playing in the background. With an RTP of 95.71% it has ten pay lines. Wilds, Scatters and Free Spins can all be triggered in this game. The Golden Eggs are the Scatter symbols, three of which will reward you with the bonus feature. You win by collecting golden eggs, but you won’t know their value until the free spins end. A leaf on the screen rewards you with more spins; fill the screen with 15 Golden Eggs, and the jackpot is yours.
Booogno has a lot to offer both new and old players alike. Their games are slick and stylish and should appeal to a younger audience. But their gameplay will please the old school with scatters, wilds and jackpot bonuses as the main thrust of the action. That makes them very similar, in terms of gameplay, to some of the older providers, such as AGS.
This isn’t a company looking to produce a standout feature that no other slot provider has developed in order to get noticed.
Instead, they’ve taken the recipe that has worked for slots for nearly a century, remodelled it, polished it, refined it and then made it their own.
They may have only been around since 2015, but our money is on this slot provider designing slots for a long, long time.
This is a quality slot provider, no doubt.