Table of Contents
- About Evoplay
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
|about evoplay games||info|
|Established||2003 (Rebranded 2017)|
|Number of Games||100+|
|Products||Video Slots, Table Games and Instant Win|
Although Evoplay’s website states it was founded in 2017, the original company Evoplay Entertainment dates back to 2003. The brand is an amalgamation of Evolution, Playing and Entertainment.
In 2017 it rebranded to Evoplay. They dropped the word Entertainment -because after more than a decade, that was a given for what they did – and instead introduced a cool-looking mascot as well as changed their logo and typeface. But all that stuff is fairly superficial marketing; what they did behind the scenes was to change their business approach. Because instead of making slots, this redefined future for Evoplay was about cementing its reputation as the game developer of choice for online casinos and being the market leader for next-generation games.
Evoplay has its HQ in Cyprus, development offices in Europe and is registered for gaming licensing in Curacao. The company also has established partnership networks throughout Asia, Latin America and Europe. Their games can be found in 41 countries.
Evoplay serves up slots, instant wins and table games like an artist paints a canvas. They are superbly designed and flawlessly executed graphically. Since their establishment, they’ve created more than 100 games, serving quality casinos across the globe. They’re hugely respected within the iGaming world.
Their games support more than 20 languages and hundreds of currencies.
In recent years it’s garnered a deserved reputation for leading the charge for 3D, HD and VR games. This recognition was set back in 2018 when it unveiled the first-ever 3D/VR slots game – Necromancer – as part of the ICE conference. In this game, you just need a VR headset and a mobile phone to be transported to the immersive crypt of the necromancer.
Visit the Evoplay website, and you will find that the pages are awash with the words “award-winning”. It’s not surprising that a company wants to capitalise on this, especially one that has won, and been nominated for, as many awards as Evoplay Games.
In 2020 alone, they were awarded gongs for Slots Developer of the Year, Marketing Guru of the Year and Speaker of the Year.
Those awards are accompanied by a plethora of nominations in the last few years for titles such as Rising Star in Casino Innovation, Game of the Year and Innovation in Mobile gaming.
Currently licensed in the Dutch Caribbean island of Curacao, it is working towards obtaining its UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority licences. It also has numerous local licences allowing it to operate in countries where its games are delivered.
They also have certification from eCorga to show, following rigorous testing, that their games are fair and trustworthy when it comes to the RTP on offer.
Features & Game Types
All Evoplay games are built using HTML5 technology, meaning they can elevate the graphics and make sure they’re perfect for handheld devices such as mobiles and tablets.
Their games are chock-a-block with old-school features such as wilds and free spin bonus features.
But they’ve also brought new style features to blend in with their gameplay narrative. Nuke World is a great example of this. What should be a basic cascade game is lifted to new heights with eight animated themed features. There are also more recent additions to the slot feature book, including Buy Bonuses – allowing you to forgo the base game and head straight to the action.
Evoplay is also a pioneer in 3D and VR slots, and this gives them a look and feel that few out there can match. They are in a class of their own when it comes to design.
Evoplay games tend to be defined as having;
- Stupendous design
- Great animation
- Original features
- Classic features
- Superb storytelling
- Industry average RTPs
Highest Return to Player Slots
If high Return to Player percentages float your boat, then Evoplay isn’t a bad place to wager your cash. After all, we play slots at top paying casinos because we want to win. Their games tend to come in at around 96%, which is pretty average for the industry. Don’t forget these percentages are calculated when games are tested over a long period of time. If a game has an RTP of 96%, then it doesn’t mean that for every $100 spent, then you will win $96.These averages are calculated from tens of thousands of spins when tested.
Here are Evoplay’s top-ranking RTP games.
- Ace Round – RTP 96.6%
- Jelly Boom – RTP 96.6%
- Robots Energy – RTP 96.5%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Tree of Light – This adventure takes place in an enchanted forest where a mousey-looking main character goes looking for a sacred scroll. This video slot has an RTP of 96% and takes place on a standard five-reel, three-row board. Features include Random Events which can see symbols swap for wilds when a ‘?’ appears. If the scroll symbol appears outside of the reel, the free spins bonus kicks in. In this feature, you have to match magical patterns on the scroll when spinning to progress. If you progress far enough, then a pick-a-win bonus feature for multipliers could see you winning big.
- Temple of Dead – This high-volatility game has an RTP of 95.99% with ten paylines. It’s an Egyptian-themed slot with a whipping, cracking Indiana Jonesesque character searching for the Book of the Dead – the scatter symbols. These act as wilds, but there’s also a Special Expanding Symbol which can cover combinations even when the symbols aren’t on adjacent reels. Three scatter symbols kick in the main bonus, which is ten free spins, as with everything Evoplay produces, it has great graphics.
- Nuke World – This post-apocalyptic world has cartoon-based characters with their own superpowers. It’s a match three symbol slot with seven reels packed with bonus events, random events and wilds. The RTP for this one is 96.33%, and it has medium volatility. It has eight very unique features for payouts, including the Vortex where a bomb explodes, attracting similar symbols for a win and Flare, where the main character Captain Fox shoots a laser eviscerating cheap symbols and replacing bomb symbols with wilds. This cascading reel game has stunning graphics and gameplay more akin to an arcade than a slot. It is epic!
- Wolf Hiding Bonus Buy – No prizes for guessing; this game has plenty of wolves howling at the moon! This is a five-reel, four-row slot with an RTP of 96.11% and high volatility. Best of all, it is crammed with features. Free spins kick in when three scatters stick. During the free spins, round reels two and four have hidden features; when these mystery symbols stick, it awards multipliers to the game. Mystery symbols feature in the base game in stacks of four in the base game and can award wilds or full moon symbols. The Full Moon feature is triggered when the Mystery Symbol reveals a full moon. They will then spin to reveal a coin and multiplier symbol of free spins. A Bonus Buy feature allows you to jump straight to the action for the Free Spins round.
- Sold It – This is a low-volatility game with an RTP of 96.16%. This game travels back in time to the 1980s auction houses filled with treasure boxes, jewellery and old coins. This is a standard five-reel, a three-row layout where multiplier wilds called Wild Bidders light up the pay line. Wild multipliers can be anywhere between 1x and 5x the win. Landing a scatter symbol on the third reel and at least one wild bidder kicks in eight Antique Free Spins. What’s really great about this feature is that scatters increase the multipliers of all wilds on the reels by one with every spin. Wild Bidders also act as Sticky Wilds in the main bonus feature meaning big wins could be one spin away.
Lots of casino operators have great features; many look great, while others offer quality storytelling.
Evoplay Games wrap all of the above up into one delicious-looking present to play.
Their games are simply exquisite, elevated graphically, and their gameplay and narrative are executed flawlessly. They offer a masterclass in game production and delivery with every single title they produce.
If you only choose one slot provider to play this year, make it Evoplay Games.
You won’t be disappointed.