Table of Contents
- The popularity of Skrill Casinos
- Pros and Cons of Depositing with Skrill
- Skrill Payment Methods Comparison Table
- Making Withdrawals at Skrill Casinos
- Playing with Skrill Casinos in Regulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing with Skrill Casinos Online
At casinos.win, we know the importance of building up a relationship with the safest payment networks in the business. This guide aims to highlight the benefits and costs of using Skrill when you fancy a spin on your favourite slot or roulette game and inform you how to play it safely when you are making online payments with this e-wallet option. Our experts have run the rule over the best casinos that accept Skrill deposits to ensure you are getting value and security. If you want to know more about using Skrill online, read on.
The popularity of Skrill Casinos
Skrill has been a big name in the payment methods sector for two decades. Originally known to the world as Moneybookers, the Skrill Group has been delivering deposits to online casinos since the firm was founded by Daniel Klein and Benjamin Kullmann in 2001.
Skrill has to enjoy an entirely smooth ride in its quest for market dominance. As an e-wallet type funding option, Skrill has had to make itself relevant in the shadow of more illustrious peers such as PayPal. However, in recent years Skrill has gained global visibility as a payment method that is worthy of rivalling staples such as MasterCard and Visa.
The universality of Skrill’s services has been a draw for some of the world’s highest-quality casino operators. As the owners of the Paysafecard, Skrill has held a global focus for several years, and this cosmopolitan approach is evident in the reach of the Skrill e-wallet. You can fund all of your blackjack and baccarat play at numerous outlets whether you reside in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, or India.
Recent estimates suggest that Skrill has around 40 million customers worldwide and is partnered with over 1000 online Skrill casinos. Such numbers mean that Skrill is a great option whenever you wish to deposit funds to play your favourite games. As ever, we will always have our favourites and update our list of recommended Skrill Casinos as the landscape in the iGaming market changes.
Pros and Cons of Depositing with Skrill
Skrill is moving towards world domination, but why are so many online casino fans signing up with the e-wallet firm in all corners of the gambling world?
Customers see many benefits when using Skrill as a payment method when they acquire online goods and services. Speed, security, ease of use, and universality are among the key features that users can enjoy.
- Quick for Deposits and Withdrawals – the users of Skrill Casinos have little time on their hands. If they did, no doubt they would be throwing on their Sunday best and enjoying a night at their favourite local casino. So, it is a huge advantage for any payment method readily accepted online to process speedy deposits. Transfers via Skrill take seconds to hit your account, while payouts should be with you within four hours.
- Card Free – Skrill acts as a middleman between your bank and your favourite Skrill Casino. Because of this, there is no need to pass any of your account details to your vendor to complete a deposit. This system helps players to maintain an air of confidentiality and maximise their level of online security. All Skrill transactions are cloaked by bank-approved encryption, keeping your online affairs safe from the threat of fraud every time.
- Universal – Skrill Casinos have gained a foothold in diverse markets throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and North and South America, giving casino fans a great opportunity to use Skrill as a banking method wherever they reside. MasterCard and Visa may still be slightly more popular globally, but at the rate of growth that Skrill has seen in the past decade, this dominance will soon be challenged.
- Secure – the minimum required from any online payment method is that it can guarantee the security of completed virtual transactions. Skrill guarantees the security of all parties by using SSL encryption to keep the details of transactions from the eyes of potentially malevolent forces.
- Mobile Enabled – online casino play has risen massively recently, so it is important to find a payment method that can be easily used on mobile devices. Skrill is a great example. Customers of the e-wallet can access either Skrill’s app or website to complete deposits in a matter of seconds.
- VIP Perks – you might feel like a VIP even having the chance to use a payment option like Skrill, but the more that you use Skrill for play at Skrill casinos, the more you will build up the chance to pick up perks through Skrill’s extensive VIP scheme.
Of course, there are also a couple of drawbacks to consider whenever you sign up with a new payment provider and using Skrill is no different.
- Potential fees – although withdrawals by Skrill from most online casinos are advertised as being fee-free, there are circumstances where this will not be the case. These fees depend on the amount you are withdrawing, which method you are withdrawing it through and whether this withdrawal will involve an exchange of currency at some point. For instance, if you choose to withdraw to your Skrill e-wallet and then draw this cash directly from an ATM, you will be charged for this transaction. It is well worth looking at Skrill’s Ts & Cs to see how your circumstances might affect your applicable fees if you are lucky enough to scoop a payout at one of your favoured Skrill Casinos.
- Bonus issues – one of the main issues you will need to weigh before you use Skrill is that you will occasionally miss out on lucrative bonuses by using this payment method. Because Skrill acts as a middleman, this means that casino owners often struggle to verify a player’s source of funds (a requirement of Know Your Customer (KYC) rules), which stops players from receiving invites to bonus deals that they would otherwise qualify for. Bonuses are one way in which players can build an edge over the house, so this is something that gambling fans should consider carefully.
- Card free
- VIP perks
- Potential fees
- Bonus issues
Skrill Payment Methods Comparison Table
|payment method||accepted (YES/NO)||MINIMUM DEPOSIT (€)||Maximum Deposit (€)||Deposit Fees (€)||Withdrawal Fees (€)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||Yes||10||50000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
|Trustly||Yes||5||2000||Free||Free||0 – 15 minutes|
Making Withdrawals at Skrill Casinos
One of the biggest problems with selected payment methods is that you can readily make a deposit. Still, the option to make a withdrawal is not available.
You will have no such problem with Skrill if you choose to make it your preferred funding method whenever you sign up for a top paying online casino. Skrill is enabled for both withdrawals and deposits, which are completed in a couple of simple steps.
- Go to your casino provider’s banking page.
- Select the Skrill option.
- Confirm your payout request.
- You will be taken to your selected banking provider; you should confirm your withdrawal details here. Once confirmed, your money should be with you in around four hours.
Playing with Skrill Casinos in Regulated Markets
Skrill is a payment method that all players must consider, but how do you ensure that you are playing at the best Skrill Casinos available?
In highly regulated markets, this decision is somewhat easier.
Players in countries like the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Canada, can easily find sites that are subject to legal oversight, with many operators being licensed by organisations including the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC), and the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA). These legislators prioritise player protections, so you are assured to be playing at a safe and fair site whenever you see these acronyms at the bottom of your casino’s homepage.
If licensing is not an issue, customers of Skrill Casinos are recommended to base their casino search on several different metrics.
- Welcome Bonus – bonuses can be worth huge sums. It is often best to look for a site with the biggest offer, but remember to consider wagering requirements. You should always look for a low wagering or a no wagering site, where you are required to gamble your bonus thirty-five times or less before cashing in.
- Games Mix – Most Skrill Casinos host a great slots lobby and a decent roulette lounge these days. But do they have Craps and Scratchcards? We are always on the lookout for sites with a great spread of content, as these platforms give you a chance to try out new products that could broaden your horizons.
- Software – there are hundreds of great casino game developers, but, as you would expect, we have our favourites. We rate NetEnt, Microgaming, and Yggdrasil highly for their slots and are big fans of Evolution Gaming whenever we fancy having a crack at live dealer options. Nearly every Skrill Casino we have come across supports games from one of these stellar names, so you pay your money and take your choice.
- VIP Rewards – we all love a bit of VIP treatment, but if you find the right scheme, you might be able to keep your bankroll building regularly just from the free spins and cash-back bonuses that you can claim. Every deal is different, so this is one variable that we always keep a very close eye on.
- Player Protections – everything should be enjoyed in moderation. This approach should apply to casino gambling as much as anything else. All well-regulated platforms should offer facilities such as time out, deposit limits, and loss limits. If you find a site packed with player protection tools, you are likely to have located a Skrill Casino that will look after you.
Staying Safe When Depositing with Skrill Casinos Online
Skrill Casinos are a great option if you want to reduce your risks from online business. Skrill uses SSL encryption to protect your details during every transaction and ensures that your vendor never needs to see your account details. Still, you should always maintain a healthy scepticism whenever you come into contact with Skrill and its operatives. This means that you;
- Should never divulge your account details – if a Skrill Casinos representative contacts you for any reason, they will never ask you for sensitive data related to your Skrill account. If this ever happens to you, you should refuse to answer and contact Skrill customer services directly for further advice.
- Never open unsolicited attachments – if you receive an email from Skrill, you should never open attachments unless you are 100% confident about the validity of the communication. Fraudsters often use attachments to gain information about unassuming Skrill clients that they put to use for illegal purposes.
- Never Verify an Unknown Payment – if you have not requested Skrill to complete a financial transaction, never verify unexpected requests. If you verify an unsolicited payment, money could be moved from your bank account in a matter of seconds, and it will be difficult to retrieve this cash. Always be wary.