Table of Contents
- About Konami
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
|Number of Games||500+|
|Products||Online Slots and Slot Machines|
Konami began life as a jukebox rental and repair business in Osaka but is now a multi-billion pound business.
Its portfolio is bursting with video games, slots, slot machines, arcade cabinets, trading cards and anime.
Top game titles include Metal Gear, Silent Hill and the classic of classics, Frogger.
Konami’s transformation from a jukebox biz to a global powerhouse began when they started making coin-operated video amusement machines for video games back in the late 70s.
After that, they started developing games for release by manufacturers including Sega, Nintendo and PlayStation.
By the late 1990s, they’d ventured into gambling cabinets for land-based casinos, followed by online slots in the early noughties.
Konami is a highly reputable company. They’ve been operating for more than 50 years, have offices across the globe and have a truly stellar list of accomplishments, especially in the video game market.
Konami Gaming is part of the Konami Holdings Corporation. It’s won many awards over the years and most recently picked up the Best Progressive Slot and Best Video Slot in the Southern California Gaming Guide Reader’s Choice 2022 Best Slots.
The group first entered the gaming market in 1996. Since then it has expanded its gaming business across the globe, securing gaming licences in the world’s major markets, including North America and Australia.
Features & Game Types
Konami is renowned for quality slots for land-based casinos. Their online offer isn’t the biggest in the iGaming sphere, but it’s not tiny either. They have created more than 500 slots in a relatively short space of time probably because their land-based offering can be so easily adapted for online.
As you’d expect, many of their slots have an Asian theme, with the classic Ba Fang Jin Bao series a very popular choice for players.
When it comes to gameplay, you can expect some seriously good features from Konami, including:
- Action Stacked Symbols – These are where a certain number of tiles rotate and the symbols change to a random one. If the whole board turns, it’s likely you’re in for a big, big win.
- Branded Slots – As you might expect for a company that has made so many video games, they’re not averse to a spot of branded goods. These include Silent Hill and the epic Dungeons and Dragons.
- High Volatility – Overall, we’ve found that Konami slots tend to have lower Return to Player percentage and therefore are higher in volatility. This is probably because they have come from a land-based machine background where RTPs, in the main, tend to be lower. That said, there’s nothing wrong with a high volatility slot; you tend to get paid less in dribs and drabs and more in big payouts.
- Must Win Jackpots – These are set upper limits for the big win. If you find one on the verge of triggering, then play it!
- Amazing Wilds – Konami seems to have a habit of making wilds rather interesting. Take Dragons Law as an example, where the animated dragon flows around the board, dropping random wilds.
With great gameplay, stunning retro graphics and immersive soundtracks, you can be sure to find a Konami slot in most Irish online casinos.
Highest Return to Player Slots
As we mentioned earlier, many of Konami’s range of games tend to fall into the high volatility category, and that’s no bad thing if you enjoy decent payouts rather than more frequent smaller amounts.
But if you do like low-volatility games, here are the top three highest Return to Player slots by Konami.
- China Mystery (96.1%)
- Chili Chili Fire (96.09%)
- Astronomical Magic (96.05%)
Our Top 5 Picks
- China Mystery – This Asian-themed slot is a 5×3 affair with one of the highest returns to players (96.1%) offered by Konami. Symbols include Chinese Lanterns and Golden Turtles, as well as your more standard symbols. A mystery Chinese woman is the wild card in this particular pack with the ability to change symbols and boost winnings. The scatter symbol is a gold coin, and if you stop three, four or five scatters in a row starting from the left you will earn 8, 10 or 15 free spins, respectively. All payouts are doubled in the win feature.
- Silent Hill – A branded slot right out of Konami’s gaming stable. This cult horror set in a cursed city has a classic set-up of five reels and three rows. The bonus round is free spins. Any three, four, or five Heather symbols on the reels of the Silent Hill Return online slot will trigger five, ten, or 20 spins. The chance of respins or jackpots are boosted by a floating red symbol on the reels.
- Astronomical Magic –This slot has five reels and 30 pay lines and comes with a raft of bonus features. It’s an incredibly popular game by Konami. There are plenty of wild symbols, and scatter symbols land you free spins as a bonus. This is a fantasy-themed slot with an RTP of 65.05%.
- Dragon’s Law – Lucky pigs, turtles and gold coins are some of the Asian theme symbols on this slot. Get three Yin and Yang symbols to unlock free spins, and watch as Red and Blue Dragons drop wilds to boost winnings. With an average RTP of 96%, it is a very enjoyable slot to play.
- Chili Chili Fire – With one of the higher RTPs available, this Mexican-themed slot offers free game rounds and action-stacked symbols. Three scatter symbols will get you ten free spins, 12 for four scatters, and 25 free games for five scatters. The design is retro, but it brings a lot of heat because of the gameplay.
For those gamers who were brought up playing the likes of Frogger and Silent Hill, Konami will always have a special place in their hearts.
This is a juggernaut of a company that went from humble beginnings to become a multi-headed business leviathan.
From video games to slots, land-based casinos to anime, this company is diverse, to say the least.
But be under no doubt, they do excel at online slots. There’s a clear focus on high volatility, great gameplay and innovation.