Table of Contents
- About Bally
- Bally Features
- The Best Bally Online Slots
- Why Play Bally Slots?
|Number of Online Slots||50+|
|Products||Online Slots, Land-based Slots|
Bally Technologies was founded in 1968 as a slot machine manufacturer. However, its history could be said to date back to 1932 when pinball and slot machine producer Bally Manufacturing was established. Bally Technologies was initially called Advanced Patent Technology. It would later adopt the name ‘Bally’ after acquiring a division of Bally Manufacturing.
Following an acquisition deal in 2014, Bally Technologies eventually joined Scientific Games Corporation (now Light & Wonder) – a behemoth game supplier and parent company to the likes of Barcrest and WMS. Bally no longer has a website of its own, having been blended into SG gaming’s own website. However, the brand still maintains autonomy over its releases. You’ll find ‘Bally’ specifically indicated as a software provider on online casino platforms.
Bally started as land-based slot manufacturers, for which they are big award winners. Since entering the online gambling scene, they’ve released over 50 titles. They’ve acquired patents from big names like Hasbro to create a range of branded slots. They also provide casino management systems for their casino partners to enable the best gaming experience for players.
The company is based in Nevada, USA, and its games are massively popular at Vegas casinos. They are regulated by the Nevada gambling authority and are further licensed by the UK, Malta, and more.
Bally’s games don’t deliver the hard-hitting features and graphics we’ve come to love from providers like NetEnt, Big Time Gaming, Playtech, etc. They don’t have particularly high RTPs either since they are mostly remakes of physical gaming machines. What they do offer is that authentic land-based feeling.
Below are some of the standard features of this developer’s slots:
Classic is often synonymous with simplicity for online slots. Bally’s titles are, in fact, among the simplest on the market. There are no confusing game features, and you usually get one bonus game max per slot. Several special symbols will be available to increase your chances of winning throughout the base game as well.
Most Bally slots are medium variance, meaning that wins come in relatively small sums but will land often. This makes their games great for casual bettors who prefer to rake in small amounts than wait for a big prize.
Many slots by Bally have jackpot prizes of different sizes. You’ll often have to land a specific symbol combination or trigger a bonus game to stand a chance of winning one of the jackpots on offer. They may be normal jackpots or progressives.
The Best Bally Online Slots
Bally has a huge collection of online slots. Although they’re not among the trailblazers for mobile gaming, they quickly grew their catalogue by simply converting their famous land-based slots to online versions. They’ve also begun crafting new mobile-specific games, which they release several times a year.
The online library is still a long way off from the land-based collection, but New Zealand players will find an excellent variety to carry through long gaming sessions and then some. These are the best titles to start with:
- Monopoly Heights – This 5 reeler has 32,768 paylines available and is a product of Bally’s content creation agreement with Hasbro. The slot is non-progressive but features Wilds, Scatters, multipliers, bonus games, and free spins. Encounter the famous characters of the board game and enjoy expanding reels that can take the chances of winnings to the greatest heights.
- Michael Jackpot: King of Pop – This video slot is based on the king of pop and features images and impressive animations, notably Michael moonwalking across the screen. Several of his top songs also make up the soundtrack. Wilds, free spins, a bonus wheel, and bonus games are available, making it one of the more feature-packed titles.
- Quick Hit – This is the first of the Quick Hit slot series that took land-based casinos by storm and is now doing the same on the online gambling scene. Quick Hit combines classic fruit machine-style gaming with jackpot prizes. It also has 5 reels and 30 paylines with medium/high volatility. Several sequels have been released, each providing a different experience and various jackpot sizes.
- Hot Shot Progressive – This old-school slot delivers a classic feel with up to 10,000x your bet in jackpot prizes. There are 5×3 reels with 40 paylines. The highest payout comes from an in-game bonus where you play a mini-slot inside the slot. Trigger this round, and a win is guaranteed.
- Playboy Hot Zone – Inspired by the Playboy brands, this slot takes you inside the mansion, where you may find cash lying around. The reel characters stay true to the theme, while the features change from Wilds and free spins to the titular Hot Zone feature, where lucky reels become Wild. It’s a 5-reeler with 40 paylines and medium volatility.
Why Play Bally Slots?
If the popularity of slots like the Quick Hit series is anything to go by, this developer is a top brand to watch. They’ve still got lots more titles yet to be converted for the mobile gaming audience. So there’s potential for a much larger slot library. Players who enjoy classic-style slots will have a field day browsing through the developer’s titles.
Plenty of features can sometimes detract from the game. However, Bally slots allow players to enjoy slot gaming in its purest forms, where all the thrill is in spinning the reels and waiting for the outcome. At the same time, they’ve got a decent range of branded slots that have a habit of taking the features up a notch if that’s your preference. They’re certainly keeping pace with the online gaming industry, and you can play Bally slots on Android or iOS.