Table of Contents
- About 1×2 Gaming
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
About 1×2 Gaming
|about 1×2 gaming
|Number of Games
|Slots, Virtual Football, Keno, Instant Win, Table Games
|Brighton & Hove, UK
Simple and stylish is the best way to describe 1×2 Gaming. This UK-based provider was formed in 2002, initially focusing on instant-win sports-themed games before moving into slots and online casinos.
They have since cemented their place in the “slotosphere” of the iGaming world by taking the classic gameplay of land-based casinos and giving them a more polished look and feel.
You won’t find slider volatility bars, complicated storytelling or bonus features that leave you scratching your head with 1×2 Gaming.
Instead, you’ll discover a solid five-reel, three-row set-up with wilds and bonus rounds of free spins. This more simplistic approach echoes the likes of the iGaming old guard, such as Barcrest or Ainsworth but the difference is that they top this basic gameplay off with some fine-looking graphics and varying soundtracks that match the theme – of which they have many!
1×2 Gaming is now part of the 1×2 Network, which was formed in 2017 and is the new corporate name for the company, which includes their new spin-off brand Iron Dog Studios. The Network also consists of a number of strategic partners, including Leap Virtual Gaming and Black Pudding Games.
This is a company with two decades of experience and the drive to promise ten new slots each year. If you like classic gameplay that feels fresh, you will love 1×2 Gaming.
This is a highly reputable and safe company. They are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, Canada, and the Malta Gaming Authority.
Provenance from a licensing point of view doesn’t get much better than this.
They’re also signed up with Gaming Labs International one of the world’s biggest, independent testers and certificates of the iGaming world. That means you can be sure their games are fair and can be trusted.
Over the years they’ve won many awards and only last year picked up the Best Slot Supplier of the Year award at the 2021 EGR B2B Awards.
Features & Game Types
A lot of game developers spend their time focusing on features that are “one of a kind”. It’s a way to get them to stand out in the hyper-competitive world of online slots.
Complicated storytelling, animations and feature-rich content are part and parcel of the development process at a lot of new studios.
At 1×2 Gaming, it’s a lot more simple but not less enjoyable. They’ve clearly taken a strategic steer from the old timers of the iGaming world who have been around a long time, in some cases like Barcrest, for more than 50 years.
They appeal to people who want unfussy, simple games with a chance to win some big money. The difference with 1×2 Gaming is that they’ve elevated the graphics to make them look a lot more impressive.
1×2 Gaming slots tend to have:
- Good looking graphics,
- Plenty of wilds,
- Scatter symbols,
- Free spin bonus rounds.
But nothing ever stays the same, and in 2021 the developer introduced a new unique feature called Bonus Upgrader.
Bonus Upgrader is a tad different from other “buy the bonus features” – where you pay to go direct to the bonus and avoid the base game – because you get to select which of the bonus features you want to play such as free spins or guaranteed wilds. You can also change the volatility as you choose the feature and the stake you want to play.
This inaugural feature move looks set to shake up the current 1×2 Gaming model.
At the time of the launch, Jason Bradbury, Head of Business Development & Marketing at 1X2 Network, said: “Bonus Upgrader forms part of our wider plans to develop slots and bonus features that deliver the best possible player experience and that ultimately give players more control over how the game plays out.
“Bonus Upgrader takes the concept of the buy the bonus feature and, well, upgrades it by allowing players to choose which of the game’s bonuses they wish to access and the level at which they want to play the bonus.”
1×2 Gaming is predominantly an online slot provider; however, they have developed a number of table games, virtual football, instant win and Keno-style options.
Highest Return to Player Slots
Love a High Return to Player percentage? Who doesn’t, right? Here are some of the higher RTP games you can enjoy at 1×2 Gaming.
Kitty Cash – RTP 97.9%
Battle Maidens Cleopatra – RTP 96.4%
Queen of Embers – RTP 96.2%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Queen of Embers – One of the higher-ranking RTP games on 1×2 Gaming’s books. It’s also one of their older, classic series slots. Symbols include erupting volcanoes and fiery tigers as Wilds. Land three Queen of Ember scatter symbols and get on the free spins bonus where retriggers could mean more free spins. With 243 ways to win, a max win of 7,500x your stake and a thumpingly good soundtrack, there’s a lot to like about this slot.
- Inca Dolls – Take your machete in hand and prepare to delve into the Amazon jungle with this super slot from 1×2 Gaming. This was the company’s first cluster slot and comes with a 6×6 board. Players need to land five similar symbols for a cluster payout. The tumble mechanics provide the interactive fun in this game which has an RTP of 96.04% and a max win of 4,500x. If you’re lucky enough to have five scatter symbols stick, then you get free spins and giant wilds with the potential for additional wilds for a big win. Great graphics and the sound of stones grating against each other make this a class game.
- Van Helsings: Book of Undead – This Vampire hunting slot has a standard five-reel, three-row board with ten pay lines. The aforementioned Book of the Undead is both a wild and scatter symbol, three of which will get you the free spins bonus. And that’s just the start of the fun! A special symbol will be randomly selected, and when a pay-line wins with this symbol, the symbol transforms the symbols around it into the same one. Plus, there’s a chance to win more free spins. There’s a max win of 5,000 your stake with this game and an RTP of 96%. As always, with 1×2 Gaming, a simple play format is complemented massively by strong graphics and a great soundtrack.
- Pirate Armada – Our writer, David, is a sucker for pirate games and this one doesn’t disappoint. This five-reel, ten-line game has an RTP of 94.62%. Scatter symbols are the “booty chest” – couldn’t be anything else could it! The “booty chests” have coin values which are added to your balance when the bonus feature kicks in; after that it’s simply a case of free spins for more wins. A Pirates of the Caribbean- style soundtrack and strong graphics complete the look.
- Medieval Mania – If you love the idea of saving a Princess from a fairytale castle, then you’ll love this slot. This is a five-reel, three-row, 20-pay line slot with an RTP of 96.08%. It’s packed with wilds, great graphics and a harp soundtrack. Three shields are the scatter symbols for this slot, offering a free spins bonus round with sticky wilds. All of this makes it a perfect Mediaeval pick!
This slot producer is my perfect cup of tea! Everybody has a preference when it comes to slots, but, for this reviewer, simple gameplay, quality graphics, and an exciting soundtrack does the job.
But that might not be the case in future. The 1×2 Network looks set to pioneer more magic following the launch of their Bonus Upgrader.
And while we’re excited by the prospect, we also hope they’ll keep a place in their catalogue of new games for those who like a simple but enjoyable spot of slot action.