Table of Contents
- The Popularity of MasterCard Casinos
- Pros and Cons of MasterCard Casinos
- MasterCard Payment Methods Comparison Table
- Making Withdrawals at a MasterCard Casino
- MasterCard Casinos in Regulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing at a MasterCard Casino
Hundreds of MasterCard Casinos have made it onto our most recommended lists. If you want to learn more about these superior venues and the vital issues that crop up when you use MasterCard as a payment method, keep reading below.
The Popularity of MasterCard Casinos
Very few brands have a truly global appeal. You might think of Coca-Cola, Disney, and Mcdonald’s. All of these have recently influenced even the most isolated communities. But MasterCard is a genuine rival to even these stellar names. The red and yellow circular motif is synonymous with good times, so it naturally follows that the playgrounds of the rich and the not-so-rich, online casinos, have naturally aligned with this superior operator.
But MasterCard is not an overnight success, with its dominant position within the payments sector resulting from decades of good corporate decisions. MasterCard entered the collective consciousness in 1966 following the Interbank Card Association (ICA) formation. This venture was a response from the American public for more card payment facilities. Within a couple of years, the ICA stumbled on the Master Charge brand and the iconic circular logo.
Since the 1960s, MasterCard has been on the fast track to global success. It became the first western credit brand to crack China, and its Maestro brand became the first truly global online debit card system. Through tie-ups with Apple and other leading tech firms, MasterCard appears to be well set for future technological advancements.
MasterCard is available in two formats: credit card and debit card. MasterCards credit edition is supported in 210 countries. This global appeal means that MasterCard can be used for payment at nearly 25 million companies. In this number are thousands of MasterCard Casinos, with the attraction being obvious. MasterCard Casinos wish to lure as many new customers as possible, so giving consumers a chance to deposit via one of the world’s most popular payment networks will always be an astute marketing move.
As a credit card, MasterCard is linked to your banking provider and provides you with the facility to pay for goods and services even when you don’t have a balance to pay for them. MasterCard will usually give its clients thirty days to repay a bill free of charge, or a customer can take longer to repay, but this will incur an interest fee. A MasterCard comes in the form of a plastic card with a sixteen-digit account number, an expiry date, and a three-digit security number. The beauty of this setup is that a MasterCard can be used as easily online as it can in brick-and-mortar establishments.
In most jurisdictions, you can still use the MasterCard credit card to deposit at your favourite MasterCard Casino. However, the regulatory landscape is changing. In April 2020, the first-ever laws preventing the use of credit cards for online casino deposits came into force via the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC). The reasoning behind this move was entirely logical.
By removing the opportunity for casino regulars to gamble with money they were yet to earn, fewer fans would get into financial difficulties due to their pastime, and instances of problem gambling would be reduced. Due to the close alignment of the Irish market to UKGC rules, this approach was also effectively adopted by all online casinos that operate on the Irish mainland.
However, this is only a minor issue for those who prefer to play at MasterCard Casinos. As you can still make deposits to your favourite sites if you also own a MasterCard debit card. These pre-funded versions of the classic credit card carry all the same services but also help you to budget as deposits will be moved directly from your bank balance to your casino.
Pros and Cons of MasterCard Casinos
All payment methods have their plus points and their drawbacks, and the same can be said about MasterCard.
- Universal – it is always inconvenient when you prefer to pay for your vices through a method that has limited acceptance. Needless to say, you won’t have those issues if you prefer using MasterCard. Very few firms have a footprint in over 200 countries, but MasterCard has no problem clearing this high bar. Not only is MasterCard accepted almost everywhere, but nearly every casino is a MasterCard Casino. The outcome is that MasterCard users can have their pick of every quality casino out there. A win in anyone’s eyes
- Instant – when you fancy a session on your favourite slots, roulette, blackjack, and craps games, you don’t want to wait forty-eight hours for your deposit to clear. If you choose MasterCard as your payment delivery of choice, your deposit will bolster your balance in seconds.
- Secure – You must take a leap of faith every time you make a payment online. It is not always transparent who you are paying, and how your money makes its way through appropriate servers is a mystery. With so much uncertainty involved in your virtual dealings, it is well worth sticking with a payment provider with an excellent reputation for security. MasterCard uses cutting-edge encryption to mask all your details whenever you deposit your favourite MasterCard Casinos.
- Bonus Qualification – one of the easiest ways to boost your bankroll at any MasterCard Casino is to gain entry to multiple bonus schemes. Usually, these schemes are available to all players, but some exceptions exist. One of these relates to Know Your Customer (KYC) rules. KYC requires casino operators to know all of their clients’ identities and how they fund their play. Some payment methods obscure these details. Because of this, a selection of players is disqualified from accessing promotional deals. This is no problem when you do your business using MasterCard. Using MasterCard requires you to give your MasterCard Casino your long card number, card expiry date, and security number. These details allow a casino to verify your identity and unlock significant bonus potential.
Using MasterCard has several upsides. But the drawbacks often make or break a deal, and MasterCard is not immune from these issues.
- Withdrawal Speed – if you are lucky enough to be able to claim a prize from your MasterCard Casino, much of the enjoyment comes from spending your hard-earned cash. Some of this excitement will diminish if you wait days for your returns to hit your account. Withdrawals via MasterCard can take up to 72 hours to reach your bank. So, if you are in the enviable position of expecting a steady stream of payouts, e-wallet alternatives might be more desirable.
- Potential Fees – the house has enough of an edge over the humble casino fan as it is. This imbalance is only accentuated if you need to consider transfer fees. Most withdrawals from MasterCard Casinos that are completed via a debit card are advertised as being fee-free. However, there are some instances where small fees are applicable, including where foreign exchange transfers are required.
- Lack of Anonymity – using a MasterCard Casino does require a certain amount of trust. You need to pass on both your ID and your MasterCard details to be able to deposit, and this raises some security concerns. You must be sure that you are playing at a genuine casino whenever you choose to use MasterCard, and you must seek out a casino that utilises SSL encryption. This is where our team of experts can assist. Security is one of our top metrics. Our top-rated sites have both a good track record and solid safety features to draw upon.
- Bonus Qualification
- Withdrawal Speed
- Potential Fees
- Bonus Qualification
MasterCard Payment Methods Comparison Table
|payment methods||Min Deposit (€)||Max Deposit (€)||Deposit Fees (€)||Withdrawal Fees (€)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||10||50000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
Making Withdrawals at a MasterCard Casino
It is not always guaranteed that your payment method will be supported for both deposits and withdrawals. If you choose to deposit by PaysafeCard or Boku, this could well be the situation that you find yourself in. But, you will have no such problems when using a debit MasterCard.
Withdrawals from MasterCard Casinos are simple to complete and highly secure. Payouts can be requested in just a small number of steps.
- Access the ‘cashier’ screen of your favourite MasterCard Casinos.
- Type in or retrieve your MasterCard account number and expiry date.
- Add your CVV ‘security’ number and type in the amount that you wish to withdraw.
- Confirm your request.
MasterCard Casinos in Regulated Markets
The United Kingdom (UKGC), Malta (MGA), Gibraltar (GBGA), and Alderney (AGCC), are among the leading jurisdictions where laws have been enshrined as to how online casinos should operate. This means that casino operators must ringfence players’ deposits, work under fair terms and conditions, ensure that vulnerable players are protected from the negative impacts of gambling and that players are signposted towards responsible gambling information if this is required.
With all of these safety nets in place casino aficionados can think about all of the important features that go into making a quality site a delight.
- Welcome Bonuses – the welcome bonus is a glorious thing. MasterCard Casino operators understand that there is intense competition to attract new clients, so eye-catching welcome deals are vital. A standard scheme can see new customers pick huge bonus sums based on their first four deposits and hundreds of free spins on a top slots title. Of course, you should always read the small print. Our experts recommend that you should always look to sign up for a no-deposit or a low-deposit site, where your welcome bonus will only need to be wagered thirty-five times to convert it into withdrawable cash.
- Software – when you sign up to play at a MasterCard Casino, you expect to be able to access some of the iGaming industry’s most lauded slot games. This commonly means finding games from Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, Microgaming, and Yggdrasil, like Xxxtreme Lightning Roulette, Starburst, and Gonzo’s Quest. We always give top marks to the sites that support these classics and steer you away from less amenable operators.
- VIP Rewards – casino fans are always the underdogs. The house takes roughly 5% of your stakes just to let you through the door. A generous VIP rewards scheme can redress the balance somewhat. Many of these rewards are open to all new players, with benefits including cashback, free spins, gifts, and invites to corporate events being on the table as you hit wagering and deposit targets.
- Player Protections – we all know that the house will win in the end, but it is not always a reality that is easy to accept. Some might choose to chase their losses. This can put your mental health at risk, as a succession of losses can lead to a crisis. The very best casinos do an excellent job of keeping incidences of problem gambling to a minimum by offering a suite of player limit tools. These include deposit limits, session limits, and loss limits. When it is necessary, the most socially-aware sites also signpost links to time-out and self-exclusion options. We always support platforms that behave honourably.
Staying Safe When Depositing at a MasterCard Casino
MasterCard transfers are completed through its highly secure encrypted network, but this is not a 100% guarantee of security. You can take the risk out of your MasterCard transactions by taking just a few steps.
- Never Give Away Your Details – you will never be asked for your MasterCard account details by a representative of MasterCard or your bank. This should sound like a warning if anyone asks you for this sensitive information. If you are unsure about any correspondence, you should contact your bank immediately.
- Keep an Eye on Your Accounts – by regularly checking your bank account. You’ll be able to see if payments have been completed that you haven’t agreed to have. Contact your bank immediately if you think a fraudulent payment has left your account.
- Use Available Technology – if you own a smartphone, you may open your MasterCard app using your fingerprint or your retina. Where this option is available, you should take it. Fraudsters find heightened levels of security difficult to overcome, meaning that your account should stay safe.