Table of Contents
- The Popularity of Apple Pay Casinos
- Pros and Cons of Depositing at an Apple Pay Casino
- Apple Pay Payment Methods Comparison Table
- Withdrawals from an Apple Pay Casino
- Playing at an Apple Pay Casino in Regulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing at an Apple Pay Casino
The Popularity of Apple Pay Casinos
Everyone from Generation X and beyond has lived their lives in the era of Apple products. Initially, a computer firm that developed the incomparable Mac range of computers, Apple has made few mistakes since its focus moved to portable and wearable tech. There can’t be many that have never owned an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or iWatch, and it is this global appeal that has allowed Apple to further expand its footprint by moving into the payments sector.
As you would expect for a company that has built its fortunes on the back of high-end and high-value tech, Apple Pay is more embedded in the biggest economies. The United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, and India rank among Apple’s most important markets.
Payment methods at Apple Pay Casinos, such as debit cards, still hold a prominent position, but mobile options are taking an ever bigger slice of the online commerce business. Figures for 2020 suggest that Apple Pay and Google Pay were used in nearly 30% of all online funds transactions, giving Apple Pay Casinos an ever more important role within the iGaming community.
Pros and Cons of Depositing at an Apple Pay Casino
It is not always straightforward to decide which payment method you should use when depositing your favourite online casino. In essence, this choice is based on the values that you attach to the characteristics that payment networks promise to deliver.
If you like to keep your business out of the public sphere, you will most likely be swayed towards payment routes that leave little impression. E-wallets are a great example. You can fund an e-wallet through your bank account or your debit card. Of course, this transaction will be acknowledged on a statement, but this will only be listed as funding to your e-wallet vehicle. The final destination of this money will be obscured from prying eyes, keeping your business affairs private.
If security is number one on your list of priorities, you are unlikely to like the idea of leaving your account details with a set of virtual entities. For casino fans in this group, prepaid cards might be the solution. Options such as PaysafeCard, allow you to pay cash for a PIN that can be used at millions of online outlets. This method means that you are not required to pass on any of your details but can still buy the goods and services that a card might usually purchase in some form.
For others, bonuses are always at the front of their minds. Know Your Customer (KYC) rules must be considered if you want to receive all the rewards that you desire. To qualify for all promotions, players must verify their ID and the source of funds used, which allows casinos to clamp down on illegal practices like money laundering. The easiest way to adhere to these requirements is to use direct debit cards or bank transfer deposits.
Like all other options, Apple Pay has its unique blend of pros and cons that need to be considered before adopting it as your payment method. On the plus side, Apple Pay has several things going for it.
- Security Features – a payment method is only ever as good as its safety mechanisms. In the case of Apple Pay, these are plentiful. Any deposit you make at your preferred Apple Pay Casino is cloaked by a multitude of new-age tech. Among these is Touch ID access. Apple devices are among the most protected of any outside of the military. Touch ID is one of the key reasons for this. By embedding your fingerprint onto your Apple Phone or iPad, you can use this biometric data as a key to unlock all of your iOS services. Your fingerprint is unique, so if you use this option to get into your Apple Pay system, nobody else will ever be able to trespass.
- Fee-free – the house makes money by creaming around 5% of your stakes from every bet you place. Given this state of affairs, most casino fans do not want to waste money on their banking. Therefore, a fee-free provider is essential for the long-term health of the bankroll for savvy players at Apple Pay Casinos. Deposits via Apple Pay are completed on this basis, although you should always take note of your bank’s terms and conditions to check on the liability in unusual circumstances.
- Timely – in the internet age, how casino content is consumed has changed significantly from what went before. You no longer need to seek out your glad rags, travel to your nearest city, produce your ID and take your seat at the roulette table. With the advent of mobile phones and mobile data, it is now more likely that casino players find a couple of spare minutes on their commute to work to try out a new slot, blackjack, or craps game. With time being of the essence, the modern casino aficionado requires a fast and efficient deposit option. This is another tick for Apple Pay Casinos. Any payment that is confirmed through iOS completes in seconds, leaving you with just enough time to plan a winning wager.
- Card Compatible – there is little point in adopting a payment method that you struggle to fund. If you like the idea of using an e-wallet, you need to find one that can be funded by major Cards like MasterCard and by direct bank transfers. Just like top alternatives, including Skrill and MuchBetter, Apple Pay Casinos offer these payment routes as standard.
- Anonymity Assured – consumers often find the digital world unsettling as many business transactions require you to divulge a minimum amount of personal information. However, if you decide to use Apple Pay, this is not a problem. You will not be asked for your bank or card details when you transfer funds to your preferred Apple Pay Casino.
If you love to play Baccarat or Andar Bahar, funding gameplay through Apple Pay has plenty of advantages. Still, you often learn more about life when you confront your weaknesses, and this adage also seems to apply when evaluating the merits of a payment method. The list of Apple Pay’s downsides adds some important context to consider.
- No Withdrawal Option – Apple Pay has many upsides, but the lack of withdrawal opportunities is a bit of a sticking point. From a personal point of view, I never take on two tasks when one suffices. With this in mind, I usually fund my casino play through a bank transfer or card payment. I trust my casino not to abuse this information, and I do not require heightened forms of anonymity, so using a payment method that can be used for both deposits and withdrawals works for me. However, if you like the anonymity and security that your Apple Pay Casino provides, you will happily add an option just for payouts. The choice is yours!
- Casino Restrictions – Apple Pay Casinos are becoming much easier to find, but in 2022 they are by no means universal. You might live in a jurisdiction where Apple Pay Casinos have yet to be adopted or where only a few alternatives exist. On these occasions, you might plump for an alternative payment provider to access the best casino bonuses and the newest game options.
- iOS Specific – as you might expect, Apple Pay is only available through devices that operate iOS software. This is perfect if you own the latest iPhone, iPad, Apple Macintosh PC, or Apple Watch, but it is useless to anyone else. Fortunately, many casino fans own at least one of these devices, so playing at Apple Pay Casinos is open to most.
- Card Compatible
- No Withdrawal
- Casino Restrictions
- iOS Specific
Apple Pay Payment Methods Comparison Table
|Payment Method||Min Deposit (€)||Max Deposit (€)||Deposit Fees (€)||Withdrawal Fees (€)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||10||50000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
Withdrawals from an Apple Pay Casino
There are no payment methods that are 100% perfect, and Apple Pay follows this trend. We all love it when we get the opportunity to claim a payout, but when you do so at one of the many Apple Pay Casinos available, you will not be able to use Apple Pay. This will be frustrating for many, but Apple Pay is not the only example of this inconsistency. Users of Boku and Google Pay also face the same restrictions. If you require the discretion that Apple Pay provides, we advise using an e-wallet for withdrawal purposes.
Playing at an Apple Pay Casino in Regulated Markets
Life is always a bit easier when you can play your favourite casino games in a jurisdiction with a regulated online gaming market. In this situation, casino fans gain legal protection that local gambling regulators enforce. Bodies including the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA), and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC), enforce strict rules that ensure casino operators protect player deposits, use fair rules, and provides a robust complaints process.
Once you have located a fair Apple Pay Casino, you can begin to think about the add-ons that make life more enjoyable, including welcome bonuses and VIP schemes.
- Welcome Bonuses – in all honesty, there is often little to differentiate one Apple Pay Casino from others. Still, one big variable is the welcome bonus that is offered by these platforms. Top deals see players pick up massive bonus sums and free spins and tend to come in four separate gifts. The true value of these promotions is difficult to discern immediately and largely depends on the attached wagering terms. If you choose to play at a no-wagering or a low-wagering Apple Pay Casino, you will never be asked to gamble more bonus money more than thirty-five times to convert it into withdrawable cash. However, it would help if you gave some thought to the wagering contributions of individual games. If you are a slot fan, 100% of your bets are likely to count towards bonus requirements, but this falls to 10% for most table games.
- Software – if you are putting your cash at risk, you want to be entertained while you are doing so. Maximum entertainment can be found when you sign-up for an Apple Pay Casino that hosts top slot and table games. Many of these are developed by a handful of the best software providers, including legends like Microgaming, IGT, Gameburger, NetEnt, and Evolution Gaming. You can play top titles with these producers in tow, including Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest Megaways, Immersive Roulette, and Lightning Baccarat.
- VIP Schemes – when the house has a permanent advantage over customers at all Apple Pay Casinos, finding a few ways to redress some of this imbalance is essential. One option is to use VIP rewards offers at your casino of choice. Usually, these promotional tools are available to all players, with bonuses increasing in value as you stay loyal to a brand and part with more of your cash. These schemes’ many benefits include bonuses, free spins, cashback deals, birthday presents, Personal Account Managers, and invites to corporate events. If you can maximise your return from such systems, you will stem your losses to more manageable proportions.
Staying Safe When Depositing at an Apple Pay Casino
Apple Pay has several security features to keep you safe when using this service, but nothing is ever watertight. Fingerprint and face ID means that fraudsters will find it difficult to access your Apple Pay account even if your phone is lost or stolen, but adhering to a few simple rules will reduce your chances of getting scammed when you deposit an Apple Pay Casino towards zero.
- Be Careful When Using Shared Wi-fi – free Wi-fi in restaurants and bars might seem like a great idea, but you might be giving away your account details if you try to access your Apple Pay account in these locations. Apple advises that you should not add card details to your e-wallet in such vulnerable circumstances. If you need to add card numbers when you are out and about, use personal data if you have the chance.
- Beware of Phishing Raids – scammers send thousands of emails hoping that someone will reply with their card details. Scam messages are easy to spot as they do not address you personally and are often riddled with spelling errors. Neither your bank nor Apple will ever ask you to transfer sensitive data. If you are asked to do so, contact your bank for assistance.
- Never Verify Unexpected Transfers – in a fast-paced world, you can often get in the habit of clicking notifications without ever giving them much thought. But if you get a message about a financial transfer via Apple Pay, be sure to take note. Never verify a payment that you do not recognise. If you do, this money could be whisked away to criminal elements in a matter of seconds.