Table of Contents
- The Popularity of Boku Casinos
- Pros and Cons of Depositing at a Boku Casino
- Boku Payment Method Comparison Table
- Withdrawals at Boku Casinos
- Boku Casinos in Regulated Markets
- Staying Safe When Depositing at a Boku Casino
Boku Casinos are a new breed of gambling sites supporting payment from your mobile as a deposit option. But how popular have Boku Casinos become, and what are the pros and cons when compared to popular alternatives like Skrill, MuchBetter, and Trustly.
The Popularity of Boku Casinos
Boku Casinos is picking up an ever-expanding share of the online casino market. This trend is self-explanatory because Boku payments offer a high degree of security, privacy, and convenience.
Launched in 2009, Boku Casinos have now gained a prominent position in over fifty international markets. Much of this expansion can be explained by the simplicity that underpins this payment network. Boku allows mobile users to pay for goods and services by adding this cost to their monthly phone bill. As such, you do not need to pass on your card number or bank account details.
Such is the popularity of Boku, it has also developed strategic partnerships with several blue-chip companies. You can now use Boku as a payment method if you wish to buy Apple, Facebook, Google, or Windows add-ons. Others have noticed these tie-ups in the digital world. Electronic Arts now accept Boku as a method for in-game purchases across its suite of video games.
Boku has made an impression, and Boku Casinos are spread far and wide. But what are the pluses and minuses of using this novel funding route?
Pros and Cons of Depositing at a Boku Casino
- Safe – the top feature for any payment method must be safe, and few payment options are as secure as Boku. To gain the chance to use Boku, you must receive a mobile bill from one of the biggest mobile networks. This relationship will require you to divulge your details, but once checks are complete, you are not required to pass on any other information to your Boku Casino. Effectively, it is your mobile provider that funds your play on top slots and table games via Boku, allowing you to keep your banking details out of the public domain.
- Fee-free – the odds are already stacked against casino fans before they get within a craps throw of the gaming lobby. As a rule of thumb, the house skims off around 5% of the stakes you place. An additional expense that isn’t required is fees for deposits and withdrawals. Fortunately, no fees are incurred whenever you deposit your favourite Boku Casinos, giving you more firepower to get on a winning run, whatever your poison.
- No Banking Needed – if you want to make an online payment, this usually requires taking out a bank account. However, this step is not required when using Boku to boost your bankroll at your favourite Boku Casino. This could be a massive bonus for several reasons. Some casino fans cannot successfully apply for banking, while others like to keep their banking details to themselves. If you like to keep your business transactions from others, then Boku can also assist with this. Boku can bring some simplicity to your life, whichever category you fall into.
- Convenient – few things annoy casino aficionados more than an extended processing period. But the users of mobile funding methods soon realise that they’ve hit the jackpot. Payments by Boku are completed instantly whenever you deposit at a quality Boku Casino.
- Budgeting Benefits – although Boku allows you to play casino games on credit, this facility only extends to £30 in any transaction. This low limit ensures that you should never get yourself into financial difficulty just for having the urge to place a wager on your Boku Casino account.
- Bonuses – our experts have scoured the market, and it appears that Boku deposits quality customers for most casino bonuses. Casino operators must verify a player’s funding source to comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) rules. This information can be obscured for those who use e-wallet options. Boku attracts no such limitation, so it is ideal if you wish to benefit from welcome deals at no-wagering or low-wagering sites.
Boku has some significant upsides as a means of payment. But just like other options in this field, it possesses some drawbacks that you should always consider.
- Low-value Transfers – Boku Casinos are a bit of a double-edged sword. Transfers limits of £30 are great for recreational players, as this level helps with budgeting and reducing the risk of problem gambling. But, many casino fans will want to use a payment method that provides a bit of flexibility. Due to this restriction, high-rollers are unlikely to consider Boku or any other form of mobile payment.
- No Withdrawals – no matter how perfect a payment method appears, its design often has a downside. For Boku, this is that withdrawals via this route are unavailable. It is a shame that you cannot request a payout from your Boku Casino in this way, but it is entirely understandable. For Boku refunds to take place, mobile phone companies must credit your monthly phone bill. This would be a complicated process.
- Betting on Credit – although transfers made by Boku have a modest cap, this is still a form of betting on credit. At the end of the month, your deposits to your Boku Casino will be calculated, and you will be asked to pay. You must ensure that you have sufficient funds available when this time arrives.
- Country Restrictions – Boku is yet to achieve market saturation on a global scale. Because of this, you may not have access to a Boku Casino, depending on where you reside. Given the simplicity of this payment service, that will be a disappointment to many.
- No Banking Needed
- Low-value Transfers
- No Withdrawals
- Betting On Credit
- Country Restrictions
Boku Payment Method Comparison Table
|Payment Method||Min Deposit (€)||Max Deposit (€)||Deposit Fees (€)||Withdrawal Fees (€)||Deposit Speed|
|Bank Transfer||10||50000||Free||Free||1 – 5 Days|
Withdrawals at Boku Casinos
One of the few issues with Boku is that it is a deposit-only option. This is understandable. As a payment method linked to your mobile phone contract, it is fairly easy to add the cost of your Boku transfers to your monthly bill, but it will require a fair bit of additional accounting work to make these transactions reversible.
Boku Casinos in Regulated Markets
Choosing the right Boku Casino to suit your needs is much easier in a regulated market.
A regulated market is one where the domestic Government seeks to regulate how stakeholders within the iGaming industry should behave whenever a consumer accesses a Boku Casino online. These rules are generally developed by gambling regulators who research the potential benefits and harms that can arise from casino gambling. The most robust gambling regulators include the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), the Gibraltar Betting and Gambling Commission (GBGA), and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC). These organisations impose strict rules on Boku Casino operators to ensure that player deposits are protected, terms and conditions are fair, and responsible gaming information is prominently displayed.
Aside from safety, what other characteristics should a casino enthusiast wish to see in a top Boku Casino?
- Welcome Bonuses – the welcome bonus is a key weapon in the arsenal of any slot or table game fan in building up a respectable bankroll. The owners of Boku Casino understand that they need to give players a reason to surf into their lobby; the welcome bonus is the ploy that is often used. The standard welcome bonus comes in four parts and is based on a player’s first four deposits. Percentage bonuses and free spins are added to initial deposits, with these sums becoming withdrawable after they have been wagered the required number of times. At no-wagering or low-wagering Boku Casinos, bonus sums can be converted into withdrawable cash after being bet thirty-five times. We always recommend welcome bonuses with the biggest advertised values and the lowest wagering requirements.
- Software – a great Boku Casino is not a great casino if you cannot access games from the libraries of Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play, NetEnt, and Yggdrasil. These software giants have been leading the way in providing casino standard content for virtual platforms for over twenty years. This experience has been put to great use in developing live casino games like Xxxtreme Lightning Roulette and No Commission Baccarat, and slots including Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, and Mega Moolah. We always promote Boku Casinos which offer a great mix of titles from these leaders in the software industry.
- VIP Schemes – VIP rewards schemes are a feature that you should always consider when seeking the best Boku Casinos. The most beneficial rewards packages are those that are available to all from sign-up. VIP perks usually relate to your deposits and wagering. Players will be able to claim more lucrative rewards as their spending increases. As a rule of thumb, the benefits you can claim as a VIP casino member include cashback, bonus cash, free spins, birthday gifts, and corporate events.
- Responsible Gambling Support – the very best Boku Casinos should always have one eye on the welfare of their clients. Most casino fans understand that gambling is a hobby that can be just as expensive as any other. However, even though the house will always win in the end, support needs to be offered to those who find this fact difficult to accept. A casino worth it’s salt should not allow vulnerable members of society to bet more and more in the hope of turning around their fortunes. Players with obvious gambling issues should be directed towards player limit tools, including deposit limits and loss limits and advised about time-out and self-exclusion options. If a casino treats its customers fairly this should ensure a brand sees greater approval ratings, ultimately leading to higher long-term profits.
Staying Safe When Depositing at a Boku Casino
Boku is among the safest of all payment methods. As payment is linked to your mobile phone, users are not required to pass on any banking details in processing a payment. However, there are always a few steps that you should take to keep yourself safe whenever making an online deposit.
- Never Provide Your Banking Details
- Never Open Unsolicited attachments
- Never Authorise Payments You Don’t Recognise
If you follow these simple rules, the chances of you being the subject of an online scam is significantly diminished.