Table of Contents
- About Playtech
- Playtech Features
- The Best Playtech Games
- Why Play Playtech Games?
Playtech games are top quality, and the presence of these games is a good metric for the best online casinos. However, there are several other factors that determine whether an online gambling site is worth its salt. We’ve used those expert criteria to rank the top Playtech casinos. You can maximise your gameplay at these sites with the generous bonuses and promotions provided. They are also UKGC-licensed and extremely safe to play.
Read the rest of this guide for some backstory into Playtech’s beginnings. We also introduce the top-rated titles in the developer’s repertoire that portray the best of what Playtech has to offer.
|Number of Games||700+|
|Products||casino, bingo, poker, live gaming, lottery, sports betting, casual games, fixed odds games, and retail|
|Headquarters||Douglas, Isle of Man|
A group of entrepreneurs from the casino, multimedia and software engineering industries came together to establish Playtech in 1999. The company was founded in Tartu, Estonia, with Israeli entrepreneur Teddy Sagi at the helm. It launched its first casino product in 2001. By 2004, it launched iPoker, the world’s largest poker network.
Playtech began trading on the London Stock Exchange in 2006. Going public propelled the brand into more international markets and expanded its global presence.
The company then went on a spree of partnerships and acquisitions in the years to follow. The most notable include the takeover of the Aristocrat Lotteries arm of Aristocrat Leisure Limited in 2014 and the acquisition of innovative online slot developer Quickspin in 2016. Playtech also secured licensing contracts with Marvel Comics and Warner Bros, which spun a catalogue of branded slot releases.
Playtech games are now available in 30 regulated jurisdictions. It has offices in 24 countries, including its headquarters in Douglas, Isle of Man. With more than 6,400 employees, the company provides services for 170 licensees across the globe. The multi-award-winning company is also certified by the UKGC and the MGA.
Each casino game developer has its tells. Playtech is popular precisely because the brand is associated with so many good ones. From mobile gaming and cross-platform accessibility to stunning graphics and progressive prizes, this developer has plenty of attractive features.
Mobile at its Best
Playtech was at the forefront of the mobile revolution and one of the first to begin creating mobile games. Whereas most of the competition is simply adjusting to the mobile trend, Playtech games take a mobile-first approach. This is why their games are unparalleled in mobile quality.
Cross Platform Gaming
Ultimately, Playtech prides itself in being a multi-channel solution, and its games cut across retail, online and mobile gaming. Playtech casino players can enjoy unified, adaptive gameplay across all channels thanks to Playtech ONE, the developer’s unrivalled multi-channel product.
Accessibility is just one part of it. Playtech ONE supports bespoke experiences with safe and seamless fund transfer for any gaming product, device or location.
Best-in-Class Graphics and Sound Quality
Playtech games are stunning. If for nothing else, the company can boast of visually mesmerising releases comparable to the likes of NetEnt and Blueprint Gaming. There’s a Superb 3D feeling to the developer’s games whether you play on mobiles or via other platforms. Playtech ties it all in with stellar sound quality.
Their branded games, especially, are quite a sight to behold. Few other providers of licensed games create such vivid replicas with attention to detail.
High Payout Potential
The industry standard for slot RTP is 96%. While other game companies tiptoe around this threshold, Playtech isn’t scared to exceed expectations. The developer’s slots have some of the highest RTP values, with several titles featuring payout rates of up to 99%. For this reason, Playtech games are among the best real money options at top-paying casinos.
Jackpots are common in Playtech casino games. One of Playtech’s most popular games is Age of Gods, the first in a series of linked progressive slots called the Age of Gods jackpot series. This provider doesn’t only feature slot jackpots. Table game jackpots are also available, which is something you’ll hardly find with any other brands. Plenty of the developer’s branded titles also feature jackpot prizes.
The Best Playtech Games
Plenty of impressive games come to mind when we think of Playtech. As already mentioned, this developer deals in bingo, poker, lottery and sports betting options in addition to casino games. For the latter, Playtech pretty much dabbles in everything from slots to blackjack, roulette, and other table games. The brand is also known for its range of live dealer games, which are popular in the European market.
A handful of these titles made a huge impact on the online casino industry when released, either for innovative graphics or for generous features. Here are the best Playtech games you should try:
- Age of the Gods – This was the game that pioneered the Age of the Gods jackpot series. This 5-reel 20 payline slot features Athena, Hercules, Poseidon and Zeus as reel characters. These gods line up to bestow cash prizes, 4 different free spins, multipliers, Wilds, and expanding Wilds. Four different jackpots are available across this release and all sequels in the series.
- Justice League – The developer made sure to make this slot as action-packed as the comics. There are free spins, Wild symbol transformations, hero-themed free spins with Wild extras, etc. Justice League is part of the DC Super Heroes Jackpot Network, so four progressive prizes are available. This 5-reeler also features life-like renderings of all the main characters.
- Jackpot Giant – Jackpot Giant is all about the progressive jackpot. The game plays out on 5 reels with 50 paylines and a simple pick-me bonus round. The highlight is the jackpot prize that pays at £4.5 million on average. It’s the perfect game if you love prehistoric themes and potentially life-changing prizes.
- Gladiator: Road to Rome – This slot retelling of the Oscar-winning movie comes with free games, Wilds, payout boosts, nudge respins, and other extras. A Gladiator Bonus offers the chance to win a massive progressive jackpot prize.
- Quantum Roulette – Both eye-catching and highly interactive, this game features up to 500x quantum multipliers on every spin. This game streams live from Playtech’s live casino studio in Riga, Latvia. The state-of-the-art facility is the world’s largest next-generation live gaming studio.
Why Play Playtech Games?
Playtech is among the oldest casino game developers. Judging by its history, the company has probably made the most progress among its industry counterparts. Playtech’s fantastic gaming technology puts it at the forefront of innovation. It consistently delivers amazing graphics with exciting features, progressive prizes and great payout rates. Unlike other developers, Playtech doesn’t compromise any feature in favour of another.
Besides, this developer has released more than 700 games since its inception. So it has one of the largest and most diverse game catalogues on the market. Any game variant you’re looking for, Playtech probably has one or two titles waiting for you.