Table of Contents
- About Thunderkick
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
|Number of Games||50+|
Thunderkick is a Swedish gaming company created in 2012. Their goal? To stay true to themselves, have some fun and “give a damn” about their games and customers.
Those original founding fathers may be in their 60s now but as their website points out, this approach still gives them the “freedom to find their own solutions”.
All of their games are developed in-house, not farmed out to third-party studios like other slot providers. And they certainly evoke the Swedish, clean, crisp and quirky design craftsmanship, with the same unfussy functional use, which made IKEA a household name.
And that desire to keep everything under one roof has left an unmistakable DNA. Once you’ve played a few of their games, they are instantly recognisable.
They may be a relative newbie to the iGaming market – a decade isn’t that old – but that hasn’t stopped this company’s unique outlook on slot life from being recognised.
- In 2020 they had three nominations at Slot Catalog Awards.
- In 2019 they won Best New Slot Game of the Year for Midas Golden Touch.
- In 2017 they were awarded Best Low Volatility Game of the Year for Frog Crog.
- In 2017 they picked up the Best Mobile Game of the Year award for Flame Buster.
Thunderkick has licences from two of the best in the business, with licences from the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. Their games are also tested by QUINEL – one of the world’s leading iGaming test laboratories.
You can certainly chill, knowing this company is legit and safe.
Features & Game Types
Thunderstruck games are highly creative, and extremely well designed with, more often than not, a humorous twist on standard themes.
They average around five new games each year. Like all smaller, more boutique studios, they’re not churning out a conveyor belt of slots for the market.
This focus on quality over quantity means they have more time to fine-tune and finesse, leading to an altogether more well-put-together game. That focus on well-designed slots with great, if at times unusual, gameplay does come at a cost because you won’t find progressive slots at this game provider.
Features of a Thunderkick game include:
- Quality design
- High RTP
- Good bonus games
- Expanding symbols.
Highest Return to Player Slots
Thunderkick has a reputation for high Return To Player percentages. So, if you like your payouts quick and pacey, this slot provider is for you. Here are some of their higher RTP offerings.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas – RTP 98.5%
- Toki Time – RTP 97.1%
- Fruit Warp – RTP 97%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Bork the Berzerker Hack n Slash Edition – Hackinly good blood-spilling fun is the only way to describe this game as Bork tries to Hack n Slash his way to finding the woman he loves. What you’ll really wish to witness in this game, however, is the screen turning into a fireball of a big win. Bork himself is represented as an expanding wild. In the base game, he only ever appears on the third reel. It’s the bonus round where Bork hits the big time. Three bonuses get you on the board, where you get ten free spins; more bonuses than three mean more free spins. Plus, you might get to see Bork on reels two and four as well as three. With an RTP of 97.34% and a max win of 2,100x stake, this is a game not to be missed.
- Fruit Warp – How do you explain Fruit Warp? Imagine Captain Kirk was sitting in his Captain’s chair with a bowl of fruit, and the Starship Enterprise dropped from Warp 9 to zero in an instant. Those fruit tumbling through thin air in fast then slow motion is somewhere close to describing this truly bonkers game. There are nine reels – but you can’t see them! You win when combinations of three of the same types of fruit are formed with different fruit having different worth. This is a medium variance game with an RTP of 97% and a max win of 216x stake. There are no bonus rounds and no wilds. It’s hard to explain; you need to play it to not understand it. If you’re waiting for the kicker, here it is; the max win can be 11,000x your stake. Wowzers!
- Toki Time – This fairytale land is full of animated characters gathered together for a spot of fun. These cute characters are shot up in the air at gale force speed from underground tubes to form a five-reel, three-row slot with an RTP of 97.1% and a max win of 1,130x stake. There are some fantastic, nuanced animations on this slot, especially on the faces of the little critters. The main feature of this game is expanding wilds on reels two and four, and if you win, they stick. They carry on sticking as long as you win. Meaning you can clock up some big sums very quickly.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas – This nautical–themed slot sees an old-fashioned sea map with mythical creatures as symbols filling the screen. It has a top prize multiplier of 670x and one of the highest RTPs on Thunderkick’s books. Following a standard five-reel, three-row format, the ships are wilds but only appear on reels two, three and four; when it does appear, it expands across all three rows. Three scatter symbols win you ten free spins; four win you 20, and five lands you a massive 50 free spins.
- Spectra – This futuristic-looking slot takes a lot of the symbols from classic slot machines, such as cherries, but elevates them to a whole new level. The style on this slot shouts 1980s revamp, and it couldn’t look any cooler. If you love the original Tron film, you’ll really like this game because that’s the design vibe for this slot. It has five reels, four rows and 30 paylines. You win money by landing identical symbols on any of the pay lines. A colourful W acts as the wild, appearing on reel four. Sometimes it expands; sometimes, it doesn’t. If it does expand, it triggers a respin, with the stack of wilds moving to the left reel with every win – increasing your chances of a payout.
Known for their quirky, humorous and stylish take on video slots, Thunderkick is, in our humble opinion, kick-ass!
This slot provider is the Fast and Furious of the iGaming world, perfectly engineering highly impactful, nitrogen-fuelled, supercharged slots. To put it simply, they’re head turners.
We love the new twist on old classic themes; we love their graphics and their storytelling, and we love their quirky gameplay.
Most importantly, we love their unerring approach to slot-making. They do it because they are passionate about it, and you can feel that passion with every spin you take.
They are utterly unique! Why? Because Thunderkick makes it about the game first and the slot second.