Table of Contents
- About IGT
- IGT Features
- Most Popular Games by IGT
Looking for a gaming experience that can deliver on versatility, reliability and playability? Look no further than games powered by IGT. A mobile, web, and retail gaming provider, IGT professes to be the world’s leading gaming company – a bold claim supported by the history and reach of the company.
History in the making
Serving their first customer in 1976, IGT’s rich history can be traced back to the entrepreneurial, innovative and legendary William Silas “Si” Redd. Famed as the ‘King of Slots’ (biography available on Amazon), Redd’s life reads like a classic all-American rags-to-riches tale.
Born ‘dirt poor’, Redd was a visionary, recognizing the business value in coin-operated gaming machines such as jukeboxes and pinball machines. He struck gold when he acquired the rights to video poker. His slot machine manufacturing company, Sircoma, was founded in 1975, bought by GTech S.P.A. in 1986, purchased by Lottomatica in 2016 (rebranded as GTech) merged with International Gaming Technology, and rebranded as IGT in 2015.
Conquering Las Vegas with Draw Poker, Redd wanted to rival the life-changing jackpots offered by the California lottery, and so he pioneered the first progressive link-up slot jackpot game, MegaBucks, in 1986 – and the rest, as they say, is history.
Serving on the board of Gtech until 1991, Redd’s spirit can be seen in the iteration of IGT that exists today. A formidable force in mobile, web and retail outlets, IGT’s casino games, lotteries and retail gaming machines generate $5 billion in annual revenue. The company has grown to over 12,000 employees and services 100 jurisdictions on six continents.
A technology provider for eight of the top ten lottery providers worldwide, IGT is made up of three main business units – America, International and Italy, with its headquarters in London. The software provider claims to process half a million transactions every minute. With over 500,000 point-of-sale devices worldwide, IGT has also recently launched its innovative Retailer Vue Terminal – a camera-based lottery terminal – proving once again that they can excel in all areas of their business.
IGT has an unchallenged history in traditional land-based casino games, poker and lottery, but the company truly believes that “the future of gaming is digital”’.This is evident in IGT’s strong corporate focus on resources and development. The company’s motto – ‘Future Forward. Results Driven’ – shines through its development of mobile, online gaming, virtual reality, enhanced gaming, augmented reality, 4D and software innovations, such as IGT Advantage (a comprehensive casino management system). Forever expanding its base, IGT recently acquired iSoftbet, a move which will serve to further strengthen the provider’s position in the industry.
A big advocate for responsible gaming, IGT partners with organisations such as the National Center for Responsible Gambling (NCRG) and the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG), as well as supporting the annual ‘Responsible Gaming Education Week’ championed by the American Gaming Association. IGT also runs employee educational programmes, provides resources for customer support, and is involved in the development of public gaming policies.
IGT ticks all the right corporate social responsibility boxes, too. With a strong focus on ‘respecting their people and the environment’, IGT has built hundreds of computer labs across the world through its After School Advantage programme, and it has championed corporate schemes such as Matching Gifts, Days Off Volunteerism and Dollars for Doers.
IGT maintains industry visibility by showcasing its latest products and innovations at events such as G2E and ICE. It is highly decorated with gaming and industry awards and has a strong presence on social channels Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and YouTube.
IGT’s YouTube channel is a treasure trove for anyone looking to learn more about their games, company products and business identity. Polished and sleek, it is the epitome of corporate competency. However, it does contain some real gems that show how far the company has evolved – take, for example, its first video from 11 years ago, a tongue-in-cheek promotional “mockumentary” for the casino slot Cougarlicious – When Cougars Attack.
A major player in the Lottery and iLottery sector, IGT also offers intelligent cabinet technology which incorporates its Electronic Table Games, where players can choose from Video Poker, Live Dealer, Roulette, Baccarat, BlackJack and Sic Bo, among other popular games. IGT also utilises innovative payment solutions such as cash free, card free, cash and card free, and IGTPay.
In the virtual world, players can enjoy table games from IGT such as Ultimate X Poker Five Play and Double Double Poker Bonus, Barracart, Triple-hand BlackJack, and Roulette (Single, Double, and Triple Zero, which is unique to IGT and incorporates Multi Game Drag ‘n Drop betting).
IGT PlaySports allows players to experience Sports Betting either on or offline through its innovative and growing SportsBook platform.
Controversies notwithstanding, IGT made huge strides in the social gaming sector when it acquired the Facebook DoubleDown Casino developer. Blending social media with iGaming, as a subsidiary of IGT, DoubleDown offered players access to over 160 free-to-play casino and table games.
eInstants seem to be a huge focus for IGT right now. They have concentrated on Keno, Crossword, Board games and Match 3 to produce the next iteration of instant win games with advanced graphics and increased playability. Using omnichannel and licensed content, IGT eInstants brings big brands alive in an instant.
PlayDigital, the iGaming division of IGT offers 85 PlayCasino titles with over 260 games. IGT’s PlayRGS remote server technology delivers unique ‘digital first’ content that is designed specifically for online players, ensuring device-optimised displays and both free and real cash solutions. MegaJackpots progressives, including Monopoly, classic slots, fan favourites like Cats and Elephant King and new innovations, such as ‘personalised level-up game play’, all cement IGT’s pioneering online casino slots status.
Most Popular Games by IGT
With so many leading IGT titles available to players, narrowing down the most popular choices isn’t easy. However, the Wheel of Fortune brand has been with IGT for over 25 years and stands out as a clear favourite. Cash Eruption remains extremely popular, as is the revamped version of Pixies of The Forest (Pixies of the Forest II). Da Vinci Diamonds has been a player and branded favourite since its launch in 2012. And of course, no review of IGT online slot games would be complete without a mention of their MegaJackpots progressive games.
Wheel of Fortune Elegant Emeralds
- The Wheel of Fortune brand strikes again with another hit for IGT. Launched in July 2022, this 5 reel, 30 line slot averages an RTP of 96.2%. The volatility of the game is high, and with a minimum bet of 0.75, this game is better suited to experienced players. There are also free spins and Ca$hLink 2 prize pots up for grabs.
- In order to trigger free spins you must hit three scatter icons on reels 1, 3, and 5. Do that and you can enjoy 10 free spins with nudging wild and coin features.
- To unlock the Ca$hLink 2 feature, and for a chance of picking up one of the 5 available jackpot prizes, players must hit scatter coins with a treasure chest on reel 5. All gold coins and a treasure chest means you collect the totals on the scatters, but if you spin a special Wheel of Fortune coin, you can spin the wheel and, hopefully, win big.
- This IGT game is still as popular today as it was back in 2020 when it was released. A 5 reel, 20 line slot, with a min bet of 0.20, RTP of 96%, high volatility and a max payout of 1000x, Cash Eruption offers Volcano Free Spins and a Fireball Scatter bonus round.
- A familiar format, the expanding Jungle Queen reel wilds and giant fireball bonus during the free spins give this game an edge over other similar offerings.
Pixies of the Forest II
- Launched in 2019, Pixies of the Forest II picks up where its predecessor left off. A starting bet of 0.33 gets the reels spinning on this 5 reel, 99 payline gem. With an RTP of up to 98.8%, a chance to trigger bonus wilds on the Spirit Meter, free spins and a jackpot scatter bonus feature with three magical jackpots, PIxies of the Forest II’s charm and features show why this series is a huge hit for IGT.
Da Vinci Diamonds
- Da Vinci Diamonds has stood the test of time, being as popular today as it was when it was first released in 2012. Timeless art is certainly part of the appeal of this 20 line, 5 reel fan favourite. A starting bet is just 0.20, the game features Tumbling Reels and free spins bonuses, a top line payout of 5000 coins and an RTP of 94.4%.
IGT PlayCasino’s MegaJackpots
- IGT has adapted some of their most popular games to feature in their MegaJackpots progressives series. Players can choose from titles such as MegaJackpots Cleopatra, MegaJackpots Cluedo, MegaJackpots Isle O’ Plenty, MegaJackpots Siberian Storm and MegaJackpots Monopoly.
- Recent jackpot payouts include £1.7 million from MegaJackpots Siberian Storm in April 2022, £1.4 million on Megajackpots Isle of Plenty in 2019, and the record-breaking £2.1 million on Megajackpots Cleopatra in 2013.
- An average payout of £800,000 and with jackpots being hit roughly every ten weeks, you can see why MegaJackpots progressives are one of IGT’s flagship features.