Table of Contents
- About Foxium Casinos
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
About Foxium Casinos
|Number of Games||19|
Many providers of Live Casinos also stream from studios in this region of the world, such as Ezugi and Evolution.
Foxium is a relative newbie to the iGaming slotosphere, founded in Estonia in 2015. And just like their brand and mascot, they’re a rather cunning little fox.
Why? Because it takes time to build games. Then it takes even more time to either build or find a way to get them to market.
The smart cookies at Foxium found a helping hand from iGaming giants Microgaming in 2017. These days Foxium is part of the Global Games network, which bought Microgaming’s back catalogue and game distribution platform – Quickfire – in 2022.
This partnership forged in 2017 means their games can be distributed via Quickfire to hundreds of slot casinos globally.
Foxium games are a boutique studio. They’re not churning out games with variations on repetitive templates like some providers. Instead, like many smaller studios, they spend their days refining and improving. Put it this way, they average just 2-3 games a year but they are fantastic games.
Quantity isn’t the keyword at this provider. It’s all about quality!
That’s very prominently displayed on their LinkedIn account, where they say: “we pursue high quality and level of detail in our projects. Thanks to an incredible mixture of creativity and experience at Foxium we keep pushing the bar of what can be expected from our studio.”
Foxium describes their slots as being built around storytelling, and unique and modern graphics so that when you play one of their games, you know it’s a Foxium game.
They want to give players a “Wow” experience. We like that approach very much at Casinos.win because we all gamble in the hope of winning some money, but it has to be pleasurable as well.
This is iGaming, after all, not iBoredGaming.
When it comes to choosing a slot studio to play, awards aren’t everything. It’s much better that a studio walks the walk in terms of playability.
Foxium hasn’t picked up many major awards to date. This isn’t surprising, given newer studios spend much of their time grafting away with software as opposed to filling in applications for awards.
What shouts out loudest to this reviewer at casinos.win is that they were spotted so quickly by Microgaming. This is a company with 30 years experience in iGaming and doesn’t miss a trick. The fact that they connected with Foxium so quickly says more than any Golden Globe ever could in our book.
Licensing wise, the games will be covered as part of the distribution via the Quickfire aggregator platform, allowing casinos to frictionlessly embed Foxium games into their websites.
Features & Game Types
Newer, smaller studios focus their efforts! Taking over the world takes time; it’s not something you do instantly.
This wonderful studio’s games can only be described as plot rich and packed with features.
They put high emphasis on their storytelling, combined with excellent graphics and feature-rich content.
It’s true that they don’t have the biggest back catalogue of games, but what they have are beautifully crafted.
These range from Vampires to Pirates, Irish to the African plains. Design-wise they vary from Hollywood cartoonish to high-end gamer graphics.
Features include prize-picking wins, random wilds, free spins, cluster pay, bonus rounds, respins and win multipliers.
Play a Foxium game, and you can expect the following:
- Outstanding graphics
- Wonderful narratives
- Feature-rich content
- An immersive experience
- Quality themes
Highest Return to Player Slots
When it comes to Return to Player (RTP) percentages, Foxium is slap bang in the middle of the industry average, with the average of their games at 96% or above.
If you’re new to playing, please remember that these percentages are an average payout over a very long period of time. Games are tested by independent laboratories over 10,000 and even 100,000 times to establish the RTP.
It doesn’t mean that if you bet $100 and the RTP is 96% you are guaranteed £96 regardless.
High RTP games at Foxium include:
- Fruitz – RTP 97%
- The Great Albini – RTP 96.6%
- Adelia – RTP 96.5%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Fruitz – Simply glorious! This fruit-laden farm is packed with animation, colours that pop and wonderful graphics. Story wise this is way out there with meteors crashing and turning our hero’s crops into zombies. It’s a standard 5×3 slot format that has an unusual look. It also employs a levelling RTP system that rewards longer play sessions. “Pick me” scenarios are the main bonus features, but they’ve been complemented by two free spin bonus games – a random wild and locked wild free spins game. This game needs to be added to your “to-play” list – it is epic!
- The Odd Forest – Set in a magical forest full of strange creatures. The Odd Forest is a five-reel, for row board, elegantly designed and full of fun. With 50 paylines and an RTP of 96.12% it has a low variance. Random wilds on the base game could see you land between 3 and 6 extra wilds added to the reels. But it’s the bonus features that shine like a fairy light on this slot. Landing three scatter symbols lifts you onto a pick-a-win feature for the chance to win between 14 and six free spins. Depending on what you pick, it could include sticky wilds, sliding wilds or multipliers. There’s also a Fairy Bonus round. The game is triggered with three fairy symbols where you pick stones for cash prizes and multipliers. This is a next-level game where if you don’t lose, you end up fighting a spider for an extra 50 times stake prize.
- Adelia – This fantasy-themed slot has 20 paylines and is a standard five-reel, four-row format. Elegantly designed, its main base game features are wilds which Adelia can turn into multipliers with a waft of her wand. This is a high volatility slot with an RTP of 96.5%. Bonus round wise, you land the biggy when Adelia sticks in her stacked formation on reels two and four. Land 4, 5 or 6 scatters on the same spin, and you’ll be awarded 10, 20 or 30 free spins.
- The Lucky Baker – Set on the streets of Paris, you’re in for a tasty treat with this slot.It is packed with features, including seven free spins when you land three scatter symbols. During this bonus, a randomly selected reel is replaced with a wild. There’s also a multiplier ladder which increases with every spin you don’t win. There’s also a random stacked multiplier wilds and a shuffle feature, and a gamble feature when you win. With an RTP of 96.02% it is medium in terms of volatility.
- Boom Pirates – The layout on this game is very reminiscent of a build-your-own-world game. The base game has a 5×4 format with 1,204 ways to win. On every chance, there’s a chance that the Boom Pirates feature kicks in, which sees the grid expanded to 6×9 format with 10,077,696 ways to win. Get a “Yo” “Ho” Ho” on the board, and the free spins round kicks in. You initially get ten free spins but can receive five extra ones if three more scatter symbols appear during the round. Boom Pirates also has a Buy Feature allowing you to bypass the base game and go straight to the action. Boom Pirates has an RTP of 96.16%.
This is the bit where we say something witty or profound. But to put it simply, we adore Foxium games at casinos.win.
They are a visual feast for the eyes, an adrenaline rush of pure gameplay and a truly brilliant studio.
Now affiliated with Games Global, we can only see this successful slot provider going in one direction – up! There is so much potential here.
More games please, Foxium!!