Table of Contents
- About Amatic
- Award Winners
- Features & Game Types
- Highest Return to Player Slots
- Our Top 5 Picks
- Our View
|Number of Games||150+|
|Products||Video Slots, Poker, Roulette and Blackjack.|
But slots aren’t the only strings to this company’s bow; they also include the production of cabinets, multiplayer systems – such as automated electronic roulette – and server-based video lottery terminals.
Like many of those casino operators who have been around a long time, Amatic started out serving land-based casinos before the internet really took off.
The Austrian-based company now exports 90% of its products worldwide with a big focus on the European market.
Interestingly, Amatic transfers their slots from land-based casinos to online versions once they’re fully satisfied that the games have been “tried and tested” on the ground before entering the online market.
Once they’ve made the leap from the casino floor to the virtual worlds, all games are produced in HTML5 format that allows them to be played on all desktops as well as on mobile devices and platforms.
The company’s online games portfolio consists of video slots, poker, roulette and blackjack. Their vision for their products is to “transfer the look, feel and math from casino slots to online”.
Amatic first started offering its slots to online operators back in 2011, and they have quite the client list, including Mr Play, MegaPari and NetBet.
The company’s business is focused on European, North American, and South American markets, producing instant-play, HTML5-compatible games.
More than 100 online casinos globally carry Amatic slots. All of their games are regularly tested for fairness and certified by eCOGRA – so you can be sure they are random and fair.
Over the years, they’ve won plenty of awards for their work. But the trophy cabinet has been a bit empty over the last couple of years; the last award was back in 2016 for The Most Stylish Gaming Machine In Ireland from the Irish Gaming Show.
They are licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
Features & Game Types
Amatic slots would be best described as simple, fast and full of features. Overall they tend to be medium to high volatility, with a classic slot look and feel.
This isn’t the high-end graphics of a software provider such as Yggdrasil, instead, this is about reflecting that fruity feel from the casino floor.
Amatic’s themes are extremely varied, covering everything you could imagine, from Asian-inspired to Germanic, fantasy and fairytale.
A classic Amatic slot has five reels, between 10 and 50 pay lines, free spin rounds, bonuses and risk rounds where you can potentially double your win by gamble whether the next card will be red or black.
Highest Return to Player Slots
Amatic slots are, in the main, in the medium to the high volatile range. That doesn’t mean they don’t offer lower volatile, more frequent paying games.
Here are our top three favs if you like your slots to pay out a bit more!
- Hottest Fruits 20 RTP 96.55%
- Book of Aztec RTP 96%
- Eye of Ra RTP 96%
Our Top 5 Picks
- Oktoberfest – We couldn’t review an Austrian slot provider without paying homage to some thigh-slapping leather and giant jugs of beer. Oktoberfest is a five-reel, three-row video slot with stacked symbols, scatter symbols and wild substitutions. The RTP is 96%, and the max win is 1000x your stake. Wilds are mugs of beer, and scatters are barrels of beer. You activate the bonus feature when you have one of each. Spin five barrels anywhere on the reels and you will win a massive payout. This is one fun slot even if you don’t like lederhosen and pigtails.
- Eye of Ra – This Egyptian-themed slot is a firm favourite with new players. It’s instantly recognisable with its five reels set against the backdrop of a pyramid. With 720 pay lines, it has an RTP of 96%. Anytime you win, you can choose to collect or gamble to double your money by betting whether the next card in the sequence will be black or red. The blue Eye of Ra acts as wilds, and three bonuses land you free spins with expanding wilds. It’s a classic slot!
- Hot Choice Deluxe – If you want to be reminded of what slots were like in your youth, play Hot Choice Deluxe. It is a nostalgia fest of lemons, cherries and fruity fun, exactly like the bandit you used to play in the pub. With an RTP of 95%, it’s highly volatile. Combinations of these fruits win you the money, with sevens being the highest payers.
- Book of Queen – Another Ancient Egyptian-themed slot with five reels and ten pay lines. This slot is easy on the eye, with great design and is packed with features. Wild books are the scatter symbols for this slot, three of which will land you ten bonus spins. If you get five anywhere on the board, expect to get paid 200x your stake. With an RTP of 96.95%, it’s one of the higher RTP games on Amatic’s books.
- Aztec Secret – Ancient Aztec slots are pretty much ten a penny at online casinos, but we included this one because it has some fantastic payout multipliers. For instance, five pyramids on a pay line will pay you 1000x your stake, whilst five chiefs will pay a whopping 2,500x. Like many Amatic slots, wins can be gambled with a chance to double up by betting on whether the next card in a sequence is black or red. Three scatter symbols in the game award the bonus round, and there are some nice touches. Overall, it’s a pretty standard slot. However, it is set apart by the big maximum stakes that could land big prizes due to those massive multipliers.
This Austrian giant has plenty to offer. They’ve taken their expertise, honed from years on the casino floor, and applied it to the online casino market.
Their games may look retro compared to some of the new software providers, but they have all the hallmarks of great slots, including playability and the chance of big payouts.
With an average RTP of 96%, fans of volatile games can revel in some of their offerings.
This is a highly reputable company that has stood the test of time. You don’t get to be in the casino business for more than three decades without knowing what you’re doing and doing it well!