Table of Contents
- What is Lightning Roulette?
- How is Lightning Roulette different from Regular Roulette?
- How to play Lightning Roulette played?
- How to Win in Lightning Roulette?
- What is XXXtreme Lightning Roulette?
- Lightning Roulette FAQs
What is Lightning Roulette?
To understand Lightning Roulette, you must know the basics of standard Roulette.
Live Lightning Roulette was invented and introduced by Evolution Gaming. Many casinos offer this game via their site and mobile apps.
The European Roulette wheel is used in Lightning Roulette. Straight-up bets play an important role here.
You can place all other types of standard roulette bets. However, the lucky number payout is on straight-up bets only.
The RNG (Random Number Generator) generates 1 to 5 lucky numbers after the bets are placed. These lucky numbers have payouts set randomly from 50x to 500x of the wager amount. If the ball lands on one of the randomly announced lucky numbers, the payout would be based on the payout announced for that lucky number.
This live game becomes very exciting because of the cheerful live dealer, a black and gold studio background, the lightning effect to display the randomly generated lucky numbers, the digital roulette board in the background, and the sound effect.
How is Lightning Roulette different from Regular Roulette?
Before we look at the differences, let’s look at a few of the similarities between the two types of Roulette mentioned above.
- The European Roulette wheel is used to play Lightning Roulette; hence the game rules are similar.
- You can place inside and outside bets and also place bets on the racetrack layout.
The main difference between Lightning and regular/standard Roulette is:
- Lucky numbers and their random payouts are generated only in Lightning Roulette.
- Straight-up bets on the lucky numbers are paid 50x to 500x of the stake amount in Lightning Roulette.
- In Regular Roulette, straight-up bets payout is 35:1, while in Lightning Roulette, the payout is 30:1 if the ball does not land on one of the generated lucky numbers.
- Most popular Roulette strategies cannot be used in Lightning Roulette as it focuses more on straight-up bets and pays less attention to even money bets.
The below table will explain straight-up bet payouts for the regular and randomly generated lucky numbers.
|winning number type||Lucky Number Payout Ratio||Straight-up bet amount||payout|
|One of the lucky numbers||500:1||$10||$5000|
|Regular/None of the lucky numbers||30:1||$10||$300|
How to play Lightning Roulette played?
Follow the below steps to play Lightning Roulette.
- Choose the casino you wish to play at. Make sure it offers Lightning Roulette.
- Register at the casino site and deposit funds.
- Select Lightning Roulette from the live casino games section on the casino site.
- Decide the chip value/wager amount.
- Place your various bets on the digital board displayed on your screen.
- 1 to 5 lucky numbers are announced with a lightning effect and their respective payout percentages after the dealer announces ‘no more bets’.
- If the ball lands on one of the lucky numbers, and you bet on that number, you win based on the payout percentage announced for that round. The random lucky number payout is only for straight-up bets.
- If the ball lands on any other number than the lucky numbers generated, the payout on straight bets would be 30:1 instead of 35:1, unlike regular Roulette. The payout on other types of bets is similar to Regular Roulette.
How to Win in Lightning Roulette?
There are various Roulette strategies used by players worldwide.
However, in Lightning Roulette, the most popular strategies do not work. This is because strategies like the Martingale strategy focus on even money bets. In contrast, Lightning Roulette focuses on straight-up bets to win the maximum amount of money.
We watched many players and observed the following tricks used by them in Lightning Roulette:
- Few players bet on half of the numbers on the board randomly. Some repeated these numbers in every round. The win is not guaranteed for each round, but one could win the biggest multiplier payout if one placed their bets on that particular lucky number.
- Certain casinos let you bet on almost all numbers on the board. However, not all casinos allow it. And the ball can land on any number other than the lucky numbers. You will win one straight-up bet in such a scenario at a 30:1 payout ratio, but the amount will be lesser than what you staked for all the numbers in total.
Betting on many numbers may sound hopeful, but the ball may not always land on the lucky number. If you don’t get lucky with the lucky numbers, you may still win the bets at regular payout ratios, which could help reduce your losses and increase your bankroll.
What is XXXtreme Lightning Roulette?
Another version of live Lightning Roulette is XXXtreme Lightning Roulette.
It follows the same rules as Lightning Roulette. However, apart from the 1-5 lucky numbers generated along with their payouts, there are nine more lucky numbers announced called Chain Lightning numbers.
What makes this game interesting is the double strike feature that has a payout of 2000x of the bet amount. The nine lucky Chain Lightning numbers can have numbers matching the lucky numbers generated for that round.
If the ball lands on a lucky number that is also a chain lightning number, the payout will get doubled. For this, a straight-up bet should have been placed on that particular number.
For example, you placed a straight-up bet on number 7, and the three lucky numbers generated are 7, 13, and 30, while the additional nine lucky numbers include 3, 7, 10, 16, 22, 24, 27, 32, and 36. Suppose the ball lands on the number 7, your straight bet number, the lucky and the chain lightning number; you will win 2000x your wagered amount.
Lightning Roulette FAQs
Can the Random Number Generator be rigged?
The answer is no. Random Number Generators (RNG) are not rigged. Genuine casinos offering this game are regulated and monitored by known regulatory bodies that make sure the casinos follow fair practices.
How much can I win to the maximum in Lightning Roulette?
If you place your bet on the winning number, which is also a lucky number, you can win max 500x your stake if the multiplier for that particular number is set to 500x. The maximum and minimum amount of bets differ from casino to casino.
Is Lightning Roulette a free game?
Lightning Roulette is a live casino game. All live casino games have to be paid for.