What is Lottoland?
Nigel Birrell owns Lottoland. It got established in 2013 and is operated by EU Lotto Limited.
The best part about Lottoland is that they have country-specific domains. Only players residing in that particular country can play and claim their winnings. People from restricted countries won’t be able to sign up. Indians can play on Lottoland using the Hindi Or English language version.
Lottoland offers not only lotteries but also casino games and sports betting. Some of the most popular lottery games offered are PowerBall, MegaMillions, EuroMillions, EuroJackpot, SuperEnaLotto, Keno 24/7, 6/49GO!, Bitcoin Lotto, and Mini Lotto.
The below image lists the popular jackpots on Lottoland.
Names of Popular Jackpots available on Lottoland.
How to Play on Lottoland?
The steps are pretty simple.
- Register: To play on Lottoland, you must create an account with them. Registration is free. Click ‘Register’ on the top right-hand side of the page. A form will pop up. Enter your email address and set a safe password. Next, enter your details and submit the form by clicking the ‘Create New Account’ tab at the bottom of the form.
- Deposit Money: To play on Lottoland, you must have money in your account. You will find the deposit option after you sign in to your account. Click ‘My account’, and a drop-down menu will appear. Select ‘Deposit’ from the list. You will then have to mention how much you wish to add to your account. There are tabs with mentioned amounts. You could select these tabs or type the amount manually. Next, select the payment method to transfer the money. The site offers three payment options – Neteller, CashtoCode, and MuchBetter. You need to have an account with these payment gateways to transfer money from your bank account to them and then through them to Lottoland.
- Choose The Lottery: After the money has got deposited, go to the main page and select the lottery you want to play. The information for that lottery will show up on selecting it.
- Fill out The Lottery Ticket: The ticket area is on top of the selected lottery page. Select the numbers in the grid. You can get random numbers selected by clicking ‘Auto Selection +1’ on the top right-hand side above the tickets area. If you click ‘All Tickets’, numbers for all the 6 tickets displayed in the ticket area will get selected randomly. When you manually select the numbers, the ‘System Bet’ game will be enabled automatically if you exceed the required numbers. Though this type of bet is expensive, it lets you select more numbers and thus increases your chances of winning.
- Select the Draw Date & Duration: Each lottery has its draw dates. You need to select the days of the week when you want to play your lottery ticket. You could choose all the days mentioned. Then you need to select the duration. You could play it for a week, 2 weeks, till 52 weeks. There is a ‘Sub’ box next to the duration drop-down list. Sub stands for Subscription. When you tick this box, the subscription billing will start for selected weeks. Sometimes you may come across the ‘Hunt’ box. If you tick this box, you will activate the Jackpot Hunt feature, automatically entering you in every draw until someone wins the current jackpot. In simpler words, you go on a jackpot-hunting spree.
- Buy the Ticket: If you received a promo code, enter it by clicking the ‘Add Promo Code’ link. Click the ‘Quick Buy’ button if you do not wish to purchase more tickets. Or click ‘Add to Cart’ if you wish to complete the payment later. When you reach the ‘Checkout’ page, you can make the payment by clicking the ‘Pay Now’ button at the bottom right-hand side.
- Ticket Confirmation Email: After making the payment, you will get an email confirming your ticket purchase. The draw results will also get notified by email. If you win, the winnings get credited to your Lottoland account automatically.
Can you Trust Lottoland?
Before you trust any website, you must check a few things. We have listed below the reasons why we feel Lottoland is genuine.
- License: Lottoland is regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commission, the UK Gambling Commission, and the Revenue Commissioners In Ireland.
- Ticket Ownership: On purchasing their ticket/s, you get a confirmation of the same by email. Even the draw results are emailed. This is enough proof for you to be in the game and claim any winnings if you win. On Lottoland, players can make bets on various lotteries. Lottoland purchases no lottery tickets from the official lottery operator. Lottoland pays the winners directly.
- Fees: Lottoland doesn’t charge a fee for buying lottery tickets. However, you may have to pay extra fees if you select special features like NumberShield and DoubleJackpot. The Numbershield feature lets you block other players from selecting your chosen numbers. By doing so, when you win the jackpot, the prize money is all yours. The DoubleJackpot feature doubles the prize money when you win the jackpot.
- SSL Encryption: Third parties cannot gain access to user information on Lottoland because they use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. All information entered is encrypted.
- Reviews: There are mixed reviews when it comes to Lottoland. Its rating on TrustPilot is 1.5. Few customer reviews state that bigger wins were not paid, and their accounts got blocked after winning the draw. However, some people have won a jackpot on Lottoland and have got paid. Most review sites state Lottoland as a safe place to play lottery games.
- Winners: In India, Smitha Gonsalves from Mumbai won ₹52,86,953.34 as the Mega Ball winner in May’21. Partho Mondal from West Bengal won ₹39,09,073.16 playing the Mini Lotto in May’20. Shaji Matthew from Kerala won ₹3.3 crores as the jackpot winner. Lottoland has had many winners across the globe.
- Bonuses & Rewards: The welcome pack of Lottoland has many offers. If new users deposit ₹800, they get an extra ₹400 lottery bonus. New users can get ₹450 off on purchasing 4 PowerBall tickets, 4 EuroMillions tickets for the price of 2, 16 Malamaal Daily tickets for the price of 8, and 2 MegaMillions tickets for the price of 1. Opted-in Millionaires’ Club members can get a 20% up to ₹40,000 Bonus Back on losses in any lotto game played on Lottoland. There are many more offers on the official site. The bonuses are subject to change as and when the company decides. Hence check their official site to learn more.
- Payment Methods & Withdrawals: The payment method options available for Indians on Lottoland are – Direct Debit Visa/Mastercard, Net Banking, Neteller, CashCode and Much Better. As per their email, they are in the final stages of integrating two new UPI soon. Players need to deposit a minimum amount of ₹300 to play though some lottery tickets are priced below this amount. The minimum withdrawal limit is ₹800. The transaction time is 1-2 working days unless using Bank Transfer which takes around 15 working days.
- Mobile App: You can download the Lottoland app on Android 8.0 and above from their website. The iOS app is not available.
- Customer Support: Many reviews on various sites state that the live chat option is unavailable on Lottoland. We tried their live support option and waited a couple of minutes for their representative/agent to connect with us. However, the chat connection got disconnected later. We were able to communicate with them only via email: [email protected]