Table of Contents
- Is Live Craps Legal to Play in Canada?
- How We Choose the Best Live Craps Casinos
- Benefits of Playing Live Dealer Craps
- About Evolution’s Live Craps
- How to Play Live Dealer Craps Online
- Tips for Playing Live Craps Online
- Live Craps Online FAQ
Is Live Craps Legal to Play in Canada?
Although live craps isn’t available at all CA live casinos, it’s perfectly legal to play. You can browse from any quality casinos in CA to find this game and play. The only requirement is that the operator should be licensed and regulated locally or by a renowned authority like the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority. You also have to be at least 19 years old to play live craps in Canada. Some provinces will allow you to gamble from 18 years.
How We Choose the Best Live Craps Casinos
Live Craps is only available by Evolution Gaming, and this has made it easier for us to chase down the best Evolution casinos that feature this game. If you’re wondering how we do it, our formula involves checking the following aspects:
Bonuses and Promotions
Live dealer bonuses are often distinct from regular casino bonuses, and unfortunately, live dealer games are sometimes ineligible for bonus play. The best live craps sites will provide bonuses that you can use on this game.
Safety and Security
Our recommended sites are always licensed by top authorities like the UKGC and the MGA. Security protocols like SSL encryption and firewalls, are also part of the safeguards we like to see.
Payment Methods and Payout Speed
Live dealer games are typically only available for real money bets, so the range of payment methods are crucial to our ratings. Fast payouts are also important to ensure players receive their winnings as quickly as possible.
We typically look for a platform that is straightforward, with easily identifiable betting options, clear graphics, and quick load times. If it’s difficult to navigate or the game lags, it could diminish the excitement of live craps. Live dealer gameplay may often seem daunting. As such a good UI will make placing bets, understanding payouts, and enjoying the game much simpler.
Benefits of Playing Live Dealer Craps
The popularity of live casinos is growing rapidly, so much that any casino sites without live dealer games nowadays are like an online sportsbook without live betting – lacking an essential feature that many now deem standard.
It’s not difficult to see why this is the case. Playing in a live setting offers multiple benefits, and given that it’s a cross between land-based and online casinos, it offers the best of both worlds. Live craps is an experience not to be missed for these reasons below:
100% Fair Play
With live dealer craps, everything unfolds in real-time right before your eyes. There’s no random number generator (RNG) determining the outcome; it’s the actual roll of the dice by the dealer. This transparency ensures that the game is conducted fairly, without manipulation.
By watching the dealer’s every move, players can have peace of mind knowing that the game adheres to the highest standards of fairness.
The Feel of a Traditional Casino
Live dealer craps effectively replicate the atmosphere of a brick-and-mortar casino. Players get a genuine casino vibe from the background sounds to the layout of the craps table and the interactions with the dealer.
This authentic environment elevates the gaming experience. Instead of just clicking buttons on a digital interface, you can immerse yourself in a scenario that feels, sounds and looks like a traditional casino setting.
Live dealers often address players by name, answer their questions, and respond to their comments. This level of interaction makes players feel valued and offers a more personal touch than typical online games. Certain live casinos also allow players to customise several aspects of the game, such as camera angles or background themes, making each session distinctively their own.
Play at Your Convenience
One of the significant advantages of live dealer craps is that you can play whenever you want, from wherever you are. No need to dress up or travel to a physical casino; the action is just a click away.
Also, modern live dealer platforms are designed to work on various devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. This ensures players can enjoy their favourite craps games at home, on a break at work, or even on the move.
Learn from Observation
For beginners, watching a live dealer and other players can be educational. It provides an opportunity to observe game strategies, learn the nuances, and pick up tips without feeling the pressure of being in a physical casino. Live craps offers unlimited seats, but you can watch a few rounds before you join to get a better feel of the game.
About Evolution’s Live Craps
Evolution does a perfect job of replicating land-based craps in their Live Craps game. It plays almost identically to traditional craps, except for some adjustments made to fit the online setting. Before this operator came out with this game, players could only enjoy titles like live blackjack or live baccarat at most sites.
Live Craps functions almost exactly like a regular ol’ craps game, save for a few differences. For instance, although there’s a human dealer, an electric arm performs the role of shooter, launching the dice onto the table. Live Craps is a multi-player game, meaning several participants can be seated at a time. However, for betting purposes, you’ll always play the role of shooter. The same goes for other players.
If you already know how to play online craps, you can quickly get the hang of it. The game uses a layman’s view of online craps and how it works. Some payouts may be modified in this game, but it’s largely what you’d expect from normal craps. The standard pass and come betting options pay even money (1 to 1). As for the RTP, it ranges from 83.33% to 99.17%, depending on the bets you take.
How to Play Live Dealer Craps Online
- Create an account –Live craps is usually only available for real money, so you must register and deposit at your chosen craps live casino before you begin playing. If you’d rather practise with free online craps, there are several software-based options for playing those.
- Join a live craps table – Navigate to the live dealer games section of the casino and select live craps. Seats are unlimited, so you don’t have to wait in line. You can join in right away.
- Place bets – Placing bets on live craps is not very different from a regular online craps game. The gaming interface displays the betting layout, including chips and bet types, in a similar way. You’ll usually find them at the bottom of the screen. Simply wait for a new betting round to start and select your bets during the betting window. We advise inexperienced bettors to stick to the basic pass/don’t pass bets for starters.
- Wait for results – After placing bets, both dice are rolled on the table, and you simply watch for the outcome to know if you’ve won or not. Craps bets may require multiple rolls before they are resolved.
- Continue betting – A round ends if the game ‘craps out’ on the come-out roll or if a 7 lands after a point is made. A single craps round can continue indefinitely if neither of these scenarios occurs. In the meantime, there are several other craps bets you can place, depending on your experience and risk level.
Tips for Playing Live Craps Online
Craps is one game that leaves lots of room for strategies and improving your winning chances. Live dealer craps are effectively the same as playing online craps, so many of the same betting hacks apply. It’s always important to familiarise yourself with the basics before diving into the live dealer experience. This foundation will help you make informed decisions and enhance your enjoyment of the game.
Another top tip is to choose a reputable casino since not all live dealer platforms are created equal. We advise you to stick to our top-rated sites for the best experience. Our recommendations are licensed, with good reviews, and use state-of-the-art streaming technology for a smooth playing experience. Our golden tip is to make sure you decide on a budget before each gaming session and stick to it.
The live casino setting comes with its own dynamics, so here are some more specific tips for playing live craps:
- Engage with the Dealer – Dealers are there to assist and enhance your gaming experience. So make sure to ask questions if you’re unsure. Don’t be shy to chat with the dealer, and immerse yourself in the experience.
- Watch a few rounds before you bet – Craps can be an intense game with lots of action. Take your time, especially if you’re new to the live dealer experience. It’s okay to watch a few rounds before placing bets or to stick to simpler bets until you feel more comfortable.
- Be Mindful of Your Internet Connection – A stable and fast connection is crucial for live dealer games. So ensure your internet speed is up to par to prevent any disruptions or lag during play.
Live Craps Online FAQ
Are live craps casinos safe?
Yes, live craps casinos are safe if you play at a licensed site with robust security technology. Top authorities like the UKGC and the MGA regulate the sites we recommend. They also offer SSL encryption or higher and have comprehensive privacy policies.
Does live craps have a higher house edge than regular craps?
Craps has different house edges depending on the bets you place. The house edge on the pass/come and don’t pass/don’t come bets are 1.41% and 1.36%, respectively. This is the same whether you play online or on live craps.
Can I play live craps for free?
Live Craps is a real money game. You can’t play this game for free at most sites but will have to deposit and place cash bets first.
Is it easy to win in live craps?
Craps is predominantly a game of chance, so it’s just as easy to win as it is to lose. Some bets have better winning odds, though, and applying a strategy may also increase your chances or, at the very least, cut down on unnecessary losses.
What is the best live craps game?
The best live dealer craps game is Evolution Live Craps. This game offers a house edge range between 83.33% and 99.17%, depending on the bet you place.